• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New contractor via IT Reseller

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New contractor via IT Reseller

All,

I am about to get into contracting and I recently had an interview with the client which an IT Reseller put me forward for. The interview went well and they offered me the position 10 minutes after the interview.

I usually deal with recruitment agencies and was wondering if anyone had dealt with this company?

W ww.comms-care.com

How does this differ from a recruitment agency and will it affect me as a first time contractor? I am due to receive the contract next week and hoping everything goes well. I asked for £400 a day before interviewing and he told me on the phone this was fine, but no confirmation was sent to me that he was putting me forward for this.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Originally posted by CoderSaturn View Post
    All,

I am about to get into contracting and I recently had an interview with the client which an IT Reseller put me forward for. The interview went well and they offered me the position 10 minutes after the interview.

I usually deal with recruitment agencies and was wondering if anyone had dealt with this company?

W ww.comms-care.com

How does this differ from a recruitment agency and will it affect me as a first time contractor? I am due to receive the contract next week and hoping everything goes well. I asked for £400 a day before interviewing and he told me on the phone this was fine, but no confirmation was sent to me that he was putting me forward for this.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
    It appears that you are working directly for a reseller selling services to clients, recruiting agencies aren't involved.

They'll probably pretend to the client that you are an employee. Read the contract carefully as I suspect that it won't be very IR35 friendly.

What role is the contract for?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do they actually have any staff or do they onboard contractors as and when required under the "managed service" offering.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        It appears that you are working directly for a reseller selling services to clients, recruiting agencies aren't involved.

They'll probably pretend to the client that you are an employee. Read the contract carefully as I suspect that it won't be very IR35 friendly.

What role is the contract for?
        TBH I have a feeling reading the contract won't work if the OP is new. I'd question what he knows about IR35 let alone contract details.

Get it over to the likes of QDOS and get it reviewed professionaly.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          TBH I have a feeling reading the contract won't work if the OP is new. I'd question what he knows about IR35 let alone contract details.

Get it over to the likes of QDOS and get it reviewed professionaly.
          Thanks for the reply.

My knowledge is that I want to be outside of the IR35 and have some type of clause within the contract that states the right for substitution or that I am not under the direct control of the client. Plus many others.

Usually how flexible are agents/companies with rewording the contracts to ensure I am outside of the IR35?

I will most likely be using SJD Accountancy to perform the review and appoint them as the accountant, if you have had previous dealings with them and would recommend/not recommend then please let me know.

Comment

Just tell the agency/consultancy that you are getting your legal advisor to review the contract.

Ignore them when they say their contract is compliant and get it reviewed anyway.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have experience with SJD?

Also, I'm still permanently employed until mid March but would be looking at setting up my company potentially next week after the contract has been reviewed by the accountant. Would this be the best way to go about this?

Comment

Originally posted by CoderSaturn View Post
                Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have experience with SJD?
                Their recent price rises have pissed a lot of people off, they're good, but not competitive. I'm with NW, again, not cheap but also not over-priced.

Comment

comms care are a company I have worked with at many organisations providing break fix on contracts the customer have needed. Absolutely had no issues with them.

Comment

Am I the only one wearing a "Managed services" hat here?

Comment

Working...
                    X