• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barc at the moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
    Good grief!

No wonder Hector wants to tax you all like the disguised permies that you are. 25 years???? Hell, even 5 years???? Continuous, in the same place? AYSYCOTBAC?
    Bunkum. It is very common, normal even, for businesses to have a single client/customer where arrangements continue for years and decades, consider the relationship[ between a farm and a supermarket for instance.

I'm surprised a so called businessman is not aware of this, AYSYCOTBAC ?

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      I had the misfortune of being on the wrong side of one of their money saving exercise's many years ago!
      Ie you were sacked for being useless.

</NLUK>

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
        More than any arbitrary rule about duration of contract, I'm far more concerned about the outsourcing to TCS. How many hundreds, or thousands, of UK jobs are now moving offshore? This is where Barclays should be kicked, not for treating contractors like contractors.
        the financial institution I'm currently are moving to using TCS for both test and business analysis. They currently have about 400 of the latter, 300 of which are contract staff and it's that batch that will be picked up by TCS come the new year.
        "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
        "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by NickNick View Post
          the financial institution I'm currently are moving to using TCS for both test and business analysis. They currently have about 400 of the latter, 300 of which are contract staff and it's that batch that will be picked up by TCS come the new year.
          Letting TCS pick up your business analysis. When will they ever learn
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            Letting TCS pick up your business analysis. When will they ever learn
            Absolutely spot on.

It's an experiment that has failed. It first failed 20 years ago when they started it. It's been failing ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
              Ie you were sacked for being useless.

</NLUK>

Boo
              LOL.. Very good.... although NLUK would never use the term sacked
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo View Post
                Bunkum. It is very common, normal even, for businesses to have a single client/customer where arrangements continue for years and decades, consider the relationship[ between a farm and a supermarket for instance.

I'm surprised a so called businessman is not aware of this, AYSYCOTBAC ?

Boo
                This is utter rubbish. Its not 'very common' in IT never mind plain ordinary common!

If you're at a client for more than 12 - 18 months, you're part and parcel of the organisation.

Clearly you're not cut out to be a contractor if you think you should be with one client for so long. Its part the reason why government is shafting contracting because of fools like you who behave this way.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                  This is utter rubbish. Its not 'very common' in IT never mind plain ordinary common!

If you're at a client for more than 12 - 18 months, you're part and parcel of the organisation.

Clearly you're not cut out to be a contractor if you think you should be with one client for so long. Its part the reason why government is shafting contracting because of fools like you who behave this way.
                  Some programs of work last a lot longer than 18 months.

OK, different scenario, you've been at the client 12 months.
                  During that time you recommend to them and get them to agree to you building a new data warehouse and upgrading their reporting system.

Permitractor behavior, or good business nouse?

Obviously you would get these deliverables built into the contract for the additional 12 months offered.
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                    I left Glasgow to work in London.

I remember coming coming out of Convent Garden tube station with my cap firmly on and suddenly it hit me! It hadn't rained for several days.

(You have to wear a cap in Glasgow. An umbrella would be blown away in seconds).

Glasgow: twinned with Islamabad
                    Yet another argument to set up as a Limited

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Some programs of work last a lot longer than 18 months.

OK, different scenario, you've been at the client 12 months.
                      During that time you recommend to them and get them to agree to you building a new data warehouse and upgrading their reporting system.

Permitractor behavior, or good business nouse?

Obviously you would get these deliverables built into the contract for the additional 12 months offered.
                      Permietractor because you're clearly becoming part and parcel of the organisation.

Current client has policy contractors can work on site for 18 months then 'leave' for 3 months and come back for another 18 months then another 3 month break then back again.

Nearly all the contractors here do this! Why? Because they're Permietractors!

I'll be leaving before 18 months and wont be back after 3.
                      Last edited by BolshieBastard; 4 December 2015, 19:27.
                      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                      X