• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed in dismissal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If he can get notice pay then that sure matters more than a bean.

Regardless though - your contract is a legal document. Your client cannot simply terminate it on the spur of the moment for no reason. They can issue you notice and say there's no work, or they can march you out if YOU have broken the contract.

If they do things in the wrong way they could be legally liable, just as you could be if you simply didn't come in rather than exercising your MOO clause.
    "We've run out of budget, sorry."
    "We've reviewed our strategic direction and your project no longer fits within that scope, effective immediately. Sorry."
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Regardless though - your contract is a legal document. Your client cannot simply terminate it on the spur of the moment for no reason. They can issue you notice and say there's no work, or they can march you out if YOU have broken the contract.

If they do things in the wrong way they could be legally liable, just as you could be if you simply didn't come in rather than exercising your MOO clause.
      If OP gets notice pay I'll give you the same amount.
      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

As I said this scenario has happened to me a couple of times.

On one they gave and let me work the notice.
        On the other told at lunch time, told to be offsite by the end of the working day.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          As I said this scenario has happened to me a couple of times.

On one they gave and let me work the notice.
          On the other told at lunch time, told to be offsite by the end of the working day.
          Given that the director (presumably the MD?) told him to "**** off" I don't see him caving.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
            Given that the director (presumably the MD?) told him to "**** off" I don't see him caving.
            Must admit the director seems quite sure
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
              Must admit the director seems quite sure
              I'd want it in writing.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                I'd want it in writing.
                What, something like:-

Dear OP

#### off and get another contract.

Love and Kisses,

A Director.
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Sounds a lot like the response given in Arkell vs Pressdram
                  "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                  "See?"

Comment

Oh my, you are still going on? And noone moved this thread yet?

Highjacking other peoples threads is not so nice.

Comment

You advised them you are terminating the contract, they decided to wave the notice period you are required to give them, whats more complicated than that?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X