• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Worthwhile/cheap certifications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gables View Post
    I've quite fancied learning touch typing, always thought my ex was flash, when typing when reading the document without looking at the keyboard and looking up to answer a question whilst still typing.
    I could say something about you missing that "tender touch", but, that would be naughty, so I won't.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      I've quite fancied learning touch typing, always thought my ex was flash, when typing when reading the document without looking at the keyboard and looking up to answer a question whilst still typing.
      Indeed. I can carry on typing at speed while talking to someone next to me and so many people comment on it. I don't get it. You use a keyboard for 8 hours a day
      Why can't people become proficient using it. Just learn a few basics and you get 8 hours a day to practice.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Indeed. I can carry on typing at speed while talking to someone next to me and so many people comment on it. I don't get it. You use a keyboard for 8 hours a day
        Why can't people become proficient using it. Just learn a few basics and you get 8 hours a day to practice.
        lazyarseitis on my part

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          The best thing about certs is, some candidates plaster them all over their CV as badged graphics .

This is good for me, as those ones go straight in the bin.
          but thing is, you need some of these certs to get past the pimps at the first pass....

Comment

Originally posted by wantacontract View Post
            but thing is, you need some of these certs to get past the pimps at the first pass....
            I mean they plastered the graphics all over it, for e.g.

In any case, I have no certifications and have done plenty of roles, where the ad said they were a requirement.
            As others have said, experience counts more than these bits of paper.
            Last edited by MrMarkyMark; 13 November 2015, 15:40.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Certification coming through now, stand well back.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                Maybe, you can pin it on to your CV
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Pff. Is that it? You suck. Look at mine!

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Lovely

They were about that size actually and all the white margin, over the four sides, was covered in them.

I actually binned it, due to feeling inadequate
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

You were (are?) in the Girl Guides? Or did you swipe them off NLadyUK?

Comment

Working...
                      X