• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting via Agency - Supply own contracts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting via Agency - Supply own contracts

All,

I was reading his thread here http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...er-boom-2.html and given that the agent wont allow amendments to the contract especially the points that have been failed the IR35 review, this got me thinking...

Has anybody successfully contracted via an agency and supplied their own Contracts and/or Terms and Conditions?

This only applies where an agency/pimp is involved, not direct to the end client.

Thanks
    GE

I can only imagine this happens in extremely rare cases for fairly obvious reasons. What are you trying to get from the answer?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Whether there are agencies out there who would accept supplied contracts.

GE

Comment

Next to none.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Unless you're a lawyer I wouldn't give it brain room to be honest and the chances of finding an agency who'd accept your contract (lawyer written or not) are slim to none
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

It can happen but it's called Going Direct.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
              I was reading his thread here http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...er-boom-2.html and given that the agent wont allow amendments to the contract especially the points that have been failed the IR35 review, this got me thinking...

Has anybody successfully contracted via an agency and supplied their own Contracts and/or Terms and Conditions?

This only applies where an agency/pimp is involved, not direct to the end client.
              To answer your question : yes, I have worked on a contract through an agency and provided the contract based upon my own amendments to the QDOS contract. The agent did require a few changes though, most of which I was happy with but one or two I stuck my heels in on.

But I should say that it is not usually impossible to get the agency to accept changes to their standard terms if you push a bit. Granted, they are never very keen but it can usually be done.

Boo

Comment

Originally posted by garethevans1986 View Post
                All,

Thanks
                GE
                I've heard of it happening. You'd need to be a real prize for them to consider it and the agency would need to be small, or a one-man-band, because it would certainly need director approval.

I've used the PCG (IPSE) contract via a one-man-band agent - he offered it rather than me proposing it.

*However*, you have no guarantee what the agent will use for the upper tier contract. In theory they should use the complimentary contract for agency-to-client, but they may just as well bend over (as they did for you) and accept the client's own contract which could easily be a FTE contract re-worded by HR. Be careful what you wish for.

Comment

Working...
                X