• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When I grow up....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I grow up....

I like contracting. I want to do it for as long as I possibly can.
    I also really really like the idea of owning my own business outside of being a contractor. I'm not sure what I'd do (as in should I sell a product or provide a service) but I'd want it to be some sort of online business so that I have can global reach (It's a power thing...). I've been thinking along these lines for a couple of years now and really need to get on with it.
    Anyone else have an online business or thinking about something similar? if so, how do you balance it with the demands of contracting?
    If there's been a similar thread recently can someone send me the link instead of griping about how we've already discussed this to death?

What are you going to do in April 17 when the new IR35 hits?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Resist any temptation to become a permie and keep pursuing my dream.......

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
        Resist any temptation to become a permie and keep pursuing my dream.......
        Then it is going to be one hell of a long dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          I like contracting. I want to do it for as long as I possibly can.
          I also really really like the idea of owning my own business outside of being a contractor. I'm not sure what I'd do (as in should I sell a product or provide a service) but I'd want it to be some sort of online business so that I have can global reach (It's a power thing...). I've been thinking along these lines for a couple of years now and really need to get on with it.
          Anyone else have an online business or thinking about something similar? if so, how do you balance it with the demands of contracting?
          If there's been a similar thread recently can someone send me the link instead of griping about how we've already discussed this to death?
          Yes, there is a one word answer to this question and its called AtW.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Small salary.
            Dividends to just under top rate tax bracket.
            £40k into pension.
            Push as much as I can though the company as usual (motorcycles, computers, etc.)
            Take a LOT more holidays.

Only plan I can think of. Anyone any better ideas?
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
              Yes, there is a one word answer to this question and its called AtW.
              Or his sockie, Lola, and her webcam.

Edit: Sorry mods, didn't realise this was the professional forums.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                Small salary.
                Dividends to just under top rate tax bracket.
                £40k into pension.
                Push as much as I can though the company as usual (motorcycles, computers, etc.)
                Take a LOT more holidays.

Only plan I can think of. Anyone any better ideas?
                If you're IR35 caught, how will you be paying dividends?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  If you're IR35 caught, how will you be paying dividends?
                  So your assumption is that come 2017 everyone is suddenly inside IR35?
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

FTFY:-

So your assumption is that come 2017 Osbourne would like everyone to be inside IR35?
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X