• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Capita CL onboarding via agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capita CL onboarding via agency

Hi,

I've just been offered a contract at DWP via an agency.
    Unfortunately they still have to go through Capita for the 'onboarding' process.
    The actual contract is between my LTD company and the agency. There is no "Tax Assurance" (BET) form to fill in.

I have a couple of questions:

1. I have to sign a confidentiality agreement from Capita which is part of the Labour One Lot 1 framework. Are there any issues with this? I won't be deemed to have a contract with Capita will I?
    2. They have asked for 3 years worth of Employment history. Can I just provide my LTD company details (as director)?

Thanks in advance!

A
    Last edited by ChestyLaRue; 12 September 2015, 13:45.

1. Yes you are. You have entered in to a contract of confidentiality. I don't think that is what your mean though is it?
    2. Depends. You are not employed by your LTD so doesn't count but it depends on why they want it. If it's a paperwork exercise you might get away with it. I'd ask them the question first so as bit to delay anything with the wring answer.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 12 September 2015, 14:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      1. Yes you are. You have entered in to a contract of confidentiality. I don't think that is what your mean though is it?
      2. No. You are not employed by your LTD so doesn't count.
      Re: the first question, what I mean is that for IR35 compliance it's the contract between my Ltd company and the agency that should be reviewed?

A.

Comment

Originally posted by ChestyLaRue View Post
        Re: the first question, what I mean is that for IR35 compliance it's the contract between my Ltd company and the agency that should be reviewed?

A.
        Yes. That is the contract you need to review as that's your engagement contract. I was just making a point other things you sign can also be contracts.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          2. Depends. You are not employed by your LTD so doesn't count but it depends on why they want it. If it's a paperwork exercise you might get away with it. I'd ask them the question first so as bit to delay anything with the wring answer.
          I think its a just a paperwork exercise!
          They're asking for 3 years "Employment History". I've had my Ltd company for 10+ years.
          The alternative would be to give the last 3 agencies I've had in those 3 years, but surely that doesn't count as employment!?

A
          Last edited by ChestyLaRue; 12 September 2015, 14:13. Reason: clarification

Comment

They're asking for 3 years "Employment History". I've had my Ltd company for 10+ years.
            The alternative would be to give the last 3 agencies I've had in those 3 years, but surely that doesn't count as employment!?

A
            Find 3 people you know.

Preferably 2 you have worked along side not too long ago and should have " manager" in their title, plus one you know for 5+ years who is on a professional register e.g. lawyer, teacher, doctor.

Ask them to provide a reference. Most people are happy to if you explain what it's for.

Go back to Crapita and tell them:
            1. You are not employed by the clients so they cannot give you references related to your work.
            2 . The agencies can vouch for your dates only. Asking them to vouch for anything else means they could get into legal trouble

Also give them the name, contact details and title of your three professional referees.

Once they realise you worked alongside a couple of these people they should be fine.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

A
              Give them the details of your Ltd as your employer and also the Give them the agency contacts for the last three years to confirm the engagements you have been involved with.

I've done a few PS contracts under CLone via an agency and not had an issue with this approach.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Give them the details of your Ltd as your employer and also the Give them the agency contacts for the last three years to confirm the engagements you have been involved with.

I've done a few PS contracts under CLone via an agency and not had an issue with this approach.
                My first time, well dealing with Capita anway

Comment

Working...
                X