• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • FREE webinar: What does a post IR35 reform CV look like? : Mon, May 10, 2021 7:15 PM - 8:15 PM BST More details here.

Contracting with a criminal record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Contracting with a criminal record

    Hi all,

    I've read the sticky above regarding SC clearance, this is in regards to general contracting.

    I have been offered a contract for a bank via another company...I was charged and convicted of possession of an offensive weapon (belt) which comes up under my disclosure Scotland as a belt when I applied for it.

    Does anyone reckon this will hurt the chances of me getting the gig or any other gig? I'm considering leaving a perm role to go contracting but don't want that to hurt my chances and i end up on the dole

    Would it be the bank that does the checks or the company that is working for the bank?

    Hopefully someone can help with this

    Thanks,

    Ben

    #2
    Originally posted by mrb34n View Post
    Hi all,

    I've read the sticky above regarding SC clearance, this is in regards to general contracting.

    I have been offered a contract for a bank via another company...I was charged and convicted of possession of an offensive weapon (belt) which comes up under my disclosure Scotland as a belt when I applied for it.

    Does anyone reckon this will hurt the chances of me getting the gig or any other gig? I'm considering leaving a perm role to go contracting but don't want that to hurt my chances and i end up on the dole

    Would it be the bank that does the checks or the company that is working for the bank?

    Hopefully someone can help with this

    Thanks,

    Ben
    There are many questions about this type of thing in that thread. Although not exactly the same offense could you not get the underlying message that is constantly given to all these questions?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

    Comment


      #3
      I'm not sure, as that relates to SC cleared posts but this relates to either general/banking industry so it may cover along the same lines but SC and disclosure scotland are two separate things in regards to checks.

      All I'm really asking does anyone know if it will mean that I don't get the job and I should stay put for the next 3 years (or until the law changes) and not hamper any future chances with pimps/employers.

      I'm sorry if I'm covering old ground.

      Cheers

      Comment


        #4
        An offensive belt? What was it, a Justin Bieber one?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by mrb34n View Post
          I'm not sure, as that relates to SC cleared posts but this relates to either general/banking industry so it may cover along the same lines but SC and disclosure scotland are two separate things in regards to checks.

          All I'm really asking does anyone know if it will mean that I don't get the job and I should stay put for the next 3 years (or until the law changes) and not hamper any future chances with pimps/employers.

          I'm sorry if I'm covering old ground.

          Cheers
          Ah well it will probably come up on checks for banking sectors but I don't know how they will deal with it as it's not a financial crime or related to fraud. Probably wouldn't make you top choice for a high pressure gig on a trading floor though.

          If potential clients need to see you DS then its down to the individual hiring manager I guess.

          What happens for normal gigs that don't require DS or any kind of vetting I don't know.

          I would find it hard to believe if anyone said no it won't hurt your chances at all tbh but how much I can't begin to guess.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

          Comment


            #6
            Potential clients will ask you to send them a copy of the certificate. I have just been asked to do the same by a financial organisation.

            Some clients won't touch you others might, you won't know what they will they will do until you go through the process. Only you can decide if the risk of being rejected are worth it.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              An offensive belt? What was it, a Justin Bieber one?
              Nope it's the chastity one

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                There are many questions about this type of thing in that thread. Although not exactly the same offense could you not get the underlying message that is constantly given to all these questions?
                Don't upset him! He might belt you!
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

                Comment

                Working...
                X