• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract start date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract start date

Hi,

I am new to contracting and wondered if anyone can advise me whether I can request any sort of fees seeing that my contract start date was a few days ago but have not got an actual 'start work' date as yet.....many thanks

Originally posted by Bluenose495 View Post
    Hi,

I am new to contracting and wondered if anyone can advise me whether I can request any sort of fees seeing that my contract start date was a few days ago but have not got an actual 'start work' date as yet.....many thanks
    What does your contract say.

As there will be no Moo (mutuality of obligation) the answer will be no work to do so no pay...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Yes you can request what ever you like, just don't be suprised if the agent laughs and the work date never arrives
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

On the bright side it re-reinforces the MOO point in the contract for IR35. I had a similar issue, as in I turned up on site and they weren't ready (having spent money on hotel), start date delayed by 3 days, I billed half a day for being onsite waiting, then sucked up the hotels and few days off.

Comment

Hi,

I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Hi,

No lol!

Comment

Your notice period is irrelevant as well by the way....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hi,

No is the simple answer.

As NLUK says often on here, you need a different mindset as a contractor. I'm not talking about the perceived mindset of not giving a toss about the company, wearing clothes that permies can only dream of, etc. I'm talking about the fact that you are no longer a person/employee of the client. You are a representation of your limited company providing a service to ClientCo. You have yet to provide a service so you won't get paid. You wouldn't want to fork out for an extra week of builders sat at your house doing nothing if you weren't ready for them to start the work would you?

As for notice period, nice clients will serve you with one but are under no obligation to do so. They can simply say that there is no work for you or that the project has changed direction and your skillset is no longer relevant. If you're lucky you'll be allowed to get your timesheets up to date then asked to leave. All part of the brave new world you've entered into.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X