• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HELP Deciding next course of action......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If client A has not obtained sign-off for hiring, why are they even interviewing ?

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
      If client A has not obtained sign-off for hiring, why are they even interviewing ?
      Managers have to do something to fill the day....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
        One would have thought they would get this approved FIRST before interviewing! It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out!
        Last edited by MasterP0; 16 June 2015, 12:32.

Comment

I would make sure that Client A knows you have another offer and that you are waiting on them, but can only wait so long. It's amazing how fast things move once they realise they might lose something they want and you being in demand makes you seem even more like the thing that they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozwell View Post
            I would make sure that Client A knows you have another offer and that you are waiting on them, but can only wait so long. It's amazing how fast things move once they realise they might lose something they want and you being in demand makes you seem even more like the thing that they want.

Yes I told them this yesterday.....

I've just received written confirmation and it's been signed off from their end! YAY!!!!

Now to tell those time wasters to go jump in a diplomatic way!

Thanks All!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Have any of them actually made you an offer? If not the you've no decision to make yet. If offer B is waiting for your acceptance then you could accept subject to the results of of a contract check and get them to send it over. Can take 5 days to get it checked so you've bought yourself some breathing space. If something else comes up advise B you reject as the terms of the contract are unacceptable. He won't be happy but you haven't done anything wrong up to this point.
              This.

I don't see any dilemma really - you take what's on offer, subject to a contract being agreed. If A doesn't come back in time, then you take B. If you want to wait for A then you turn B down.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
              X