• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Rate advertised but paid on an hourly basis??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasterP0 View Post
    Wilson and Bolshie I copied and pasted directly from the JD. Are you both saying that in your experience it is always/in practice 37.5 and not 40 hours per week?
    Sounds a bit complicated. I'd sack it if I were you.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I've always come across PS as 37.5 hr weeks, but my only question would be what is on the contract terms for billing; what will you bill in hours or days?
      My last non PS contract was per day but min 8 hours per day at day rate. Will be a bit more savvy on the next one

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Sounds a bit complicated. I'd sack it if I were you.
        In my experience ... if it is a Public Sector working hours are 37.5 Hrs Per Week. in some case even they allow flexi time

In Private sector at times contract states professional Hours that means .. it can be 8 hours or it can be 10 hours!

Cheers
        Bill

Comment

Originally posted by ceebeepps View Post
          I've always come across PS as 37.5 hr weeks, but my only question would be what is on the contract terms for billing; what will you bill in hours or days?
          My last non PS contract was per day but min 8 hours per day at day rate. Will be a bit more savvy on the next one
          It's definitely a case of chucking it in the F*** it bucket and moving on.....NEXT! (Same applies to the other thread I posted earlier on today)

Comment

It's definitely a case of chucking it in the F*** it bucket and moving on.....NEXT! (Same applies to the other thread I posted earlier on today)
            No gain or no loss ...

e.g.

Usually in Public Sector contract hours are mentioned explicitly i.e. 37.5 Hrs per week or 7.5 hours per day.

If there is a long weekend, hence you will be doing 30 Hrs instead of 37.5 Hrs. and you will be raising a invoice for 30 hours. Calculation will be -- ( Convert agreed rate per day into hours. )

That's what I have done in the past
            Ta

Comment

Originally posted by WilsonPiper72 View Post
              No gain or no loss ...

e.g.

Usually in Public Sector contract hours are mentioned explicitly i.e. 37.5 Hrs per week or 7.5 hours per day.

If there is a long weekend, hence you will be doing 30 Hrs instead of 37.5 Hrs. and you will be raising a invoice for 30 hours. Calculation will be -- ( Convert agreed rate per day into hours. )

Ta
              Thanks Wilson.

Comment

THere is more austerity/scrutiny coming up. To procure anything over 25k you need additional paperwork so I'm pretty sure they are just making sure you/agency don't exceed 25k in a single contract.

Comment

Why don't you just pick the phone and ask them? Twice in a day you've let a bunch of stranger sway your decision.

I do hope a nice simple no brainer contract comes soon for you.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Why don't you just pick the phone and ask them? Twice in a day you've let a bunch of stranger sway your decision.

I do hope a nice simple no brainer contract comes soon for you.
                    Me too (sarcasm noted!)

If Contracting in the PS is such a hassle I really don't think it's for me!

Comment

And where are you getting this solid advice from? Some you know and trust or a bunch of keyboard warriors?

My last contract was in The PS and it was great. Equal to market rates came and went as I pleased, able to work from home yadda yadda. You gotta know enough about IR35 to keep your nose clean and weigh up the risks and at worst I get caught for one gig.

Work environment can be different to private sector such as budgets and attitude to risk but if you have anything about you you should be able to adjust.

But go ahead, enjoy the bench. The guys on here will be pleased as punch to know you listened to their advice.

You sir... ANCOTBAC
                      Last edited by northernladuk; 2 June 2015, 20:30.

Comment

Working...
                      X