• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day Trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Trading

Anyone does day trading with their company's money?
    I would like to do that, anyone recommends training school/course ?

Not my thing as I don't believe it's something you can learn the basics and just dabble but might be something useful here..
    https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=da...pvd=1&ie=UTF-8
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
      So the saying goes: 90% of traders lose 90% of their funds in 90 days.

And my question to you is, how will your company pay its tax bill after this?

Comment

Get a demo account and run it for 6 months.

Spread Betting, CFDs, Stockbroking and Forex | Trading | IG UK

That's the way to find out it's a mugs game without losing any money.

When you make a trade to get a profit you have to earn more than the spread that's what the banks pocket. Bankers can earn on day trading but it's very difficult for a mug private trader.

If you have a good source of information trading shares over several months is a better bet, because if it goes sour you just keep them until they go up again, i.e. you turn a trade into a long term investment.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

WHS - the clue is in the name Spread Betting

All gambling is weighted in the favour of the bookmaker - you might get lucky over the short term, but over the long run, the odds mean it's impossible to win, unless you are extremely well knowledged.

Comment

As far as I know, the first thing to check is the Trade classification under which your company was registered (you will find this on the VAT certificate). If it says "Business and Domestic Software Development" then you will have to amend it to include forex trading or whatever the appropriate class is. Check with your accountant.

I did it for a month or two with my personal money, only to realize the saying 90% in 90 days is true.
            Last edited by raphal; 2 May 2015, 19:05.

Comment

Caution

I would check with your accountant first but I don't think it is tax effective to trade from your company account. The most tax effective way to trade is via a self-traded stocks and shares ISA which has to be a personal account.

A word of advice – be cautious - it is exceptionally hard to succeed at day trading as you will always be on the back foot with every trade because of transaction and trade spread costs.

Comment

Twitter is useful for info/tips.
                Google finance is a decent platform with all the technical analysis features available to use.
                Try following Zak Mir - he does a pre market YouTube video most mornings, which is technical. AIM mainly.
                Have a look at IAE, a stock with a long term upward trajectory
                Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  WHS - the clue is in the name Spread Betting

All gambling is weighted in the favour of the bookmaker - you might get lucky over the short term, but over the long run, the odds mean it's impossible to win, unless you are extremely well knowledged.
                  WTS!

Never bet with something you can't afford to lose
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

You REALLY must do paper trading for a reasonable period ( I would say no less than 6 months) to thoroughly test out whatever trading strategy it is you intend to use. The odds are really stacked against you in the trading game which is why so many end up loosing money. Best to also discuss with your account about trading via your company, but I can't see how that would be more beneficial from a tax perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X