• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rotary / Masons Benefits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masons can get you off anything. Plenty high profile investigations and legal proceeding being heavily influenced by the Masons going on right now.

Pure evil!

Comment

IMO you don't join either for the 'benefits'. Join the Rotary if you have the time and the inclination to someone good but I believe it can be surprisingly political.

I also didn't think the Masons was something you 'join'. And the networking is likely to be way above our level if at all. Same goes for the amount of money you have to shell out... Unless it's all changed and been watered down.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I was once stopped by a policeman who was going to breathalyse me until I told him I'd just been to the lodge.
        He offered to drive me home and as he dropped me off asked which lodge I'd been to.
        He wasn't too impressed when I told him, 'Yates's Wine Lodge in the Bigg Market'
        I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Not in the Masons or Rotary, but the roundtable (Round Table |) which largely involves having a damned good laugh doing stuff, raising money and giving thousands away every year.

Benefits? A good group of lads down the pub, something to do every other week and plenty of local support if you need it.

Comment

I was in the Stonecutters

Then I joined the ancient club of NoHomers.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

One of my (good) colleagues is with the Masons and he enjoys their monthly meetings. Doesn't get up to much else though.

I've been invited to join on a number of separate occasions by different people but there is no way I could give enough to the Masons when I have an almost full life already. My colleague is a single older man and can commit far more time and energy than I can, and I would say that is important - i.e.so something properly or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                IMO you don't join either for the 'benefits'. Join the Rotary if you have the time and the inclination to someone good but I believe it can be surprisingly political.

I also didn't think the Masons was something you 'join'. And the networking is likely to be way above our level if at all. Same goes for the amount of money you have to shell out... Unless it's all changed and been watered down.
                I do wish you'd stop:
                a) Talking B0llocks
                b) Linking me to you

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  ...and the Orange Order, The Hibernians, James Connolly Society, etc. He is one crazy, mixed-up kid supporting republicans and unionists at the same time

Even after all that, he still has no friends
                  I though you two could keep this pish to general.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
                    I do wish you'd stop:
                    a) Talking B0llocks
                    b) Linking me to you
                    But you're my brother from another mother!!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      But you're my brother from another mother!!!
                      Another mother, another father, our grandparents never met - so yep

Comment

Working...
                      X