• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A funny thing happened....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have had this for several roles, it's quite comedic. I even had computer futures tell me the client didn't want to interview me for a role that I had already interviewed for with a competitor been offered and was due to start. I think the best bet is agree for them to represent you for a period of days, if another agent calls then 9/10 they can check with the client to see if you have actually been submitted by agency a.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Client told me as I was in his reception by this point.
      In that case if they got as far as meeting you, its down to either what you look like or what you smell like.

You're welcome
      World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Client told me as I was in his reception by this point.
        Why do agents do this, not only do you get discounted I expect the agency was removed from the supplier list. No one wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          I am having a dense moment, forgive me. I know exactly who the client is, they interviewed me. I've accepted their offer so I don't think it likely that I'll hear from Agency A again. Agency B did all the hard work, as it were.

I did indeed get the gig without hassle but it was a high risk strategy. And if there's anything we contractors are used to, it's taking risks. (Does that sound cool enough??)
          Sorry I meant during initial contact with first agent. I've done this once with a finance client in the NW. Exact location gave the client away as I was aware of them already. Agent I don't know calls me about it, I do some digging and ask them to send me the spec. In the meantime I do a bit of sniffing. I did a bit of digging and found a bigger agency on the PSL I'd be happier with. Contacted them and they confirmed they had the gig so went with them. Nothing came of it TBH but hey ho.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
            In that case if they got as far as meeting you, its down to either what you look like or what you smell like.

You're welcome
            If it's not bad enough I get caught in the crossfire and lose a gig you guys pick on me as well <sniff>
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

WHS - If contacted by another I just say look, I think softlad have put me in, can you check and if not you can do so....
              Each time softlad HAD put me in but worth a check !

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post

You're welcome
                Or both. My money is on the accumulator

Comment

Working...
                X