• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best one stop shop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best one stop shop

So currently I'm using an umbrella company as I'm contracting in the Netherlands. But when I come back at the end of May I want to use an LTD instead. However, I'm a lazy git so I'm not interested in doing the book keeping etc (at least at first) so I'm really looking for a one stop shop that will do company formation, invoicing, insurance etc.

My initial thought is to just go with IPSE and obviously I can use Lycos or whatever the cool search engine is these days, but I was hoping that some of you guys had some good recommendations?

They call dthem accountants. They offer different services depending on how much you want them to do. Amazing innit.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      They call dthem accountants. They offer different services depending on how much you want them to do. Amazing innit.
      Normally I have to wait 5 or 6 comments for one of your usual zingers. I'll consider myself privileged/you bored that you've come in so quick.

Comment

You going want accountant recommendations next?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Just so we're all clear on the question, you want to give up using a payroll solution provider and switch to using a Limited Company that you have no interest in operating simply because you think you will make more money by using the tax relief that company's get in exchange for being standalone businesses with a degree of commercial risk?

Perhaps research MSC legislation first. Then go talk to some of the usual contractor accountants on this site.

Otherwise IPSE will give you the basic business support and insurance cover you will need, and should be a no brainer, but they don't do accountancy.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by gigahoe View Post
            So currently I'm using an umbrella company as I'm contracting in the Netherlands. But when I come back at the end of May I want to use an LTD instead. However, I'm a lazy git so I'm not interested in doing the book keeping etc (at least at first) so I'm really looking for a one stop shop that will do company formation, invoicing, insurance etc.
            If your accountant / one stop shop is running your business, then you'll fall foul of the MSC legislation. Either run the business properly, or stick with an umbrella.

My initial thought is to just go with IPSE and obviously I can use Lycos or whatever the cool search engine is these days, but I was hoping that some of you guys had some good recommendations?
            IPSE aren't going to run your business for you any more than I am.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Thanks all, even for the sniffy comments (I know they are meant with love). I guess my rationale is that even though I want to be lazy now I may start taking over parts of the admin as I get more experienced with this way of working.

Anyway thanks again, and I'll just get off my ar$e and start hitting up the bean counters.

Comment

My impression is the benefits of ltd vs umbrella are attainable only if you put lots of thought on how to run your ltd. Giving yourself the right salary, watching earning thresholds, devising right dividend policy etc etc. Also, ltd seems to be the long game if you're a big earner, as you can only take out certain amount each year, and one slip up could erase all your gainz. Umbrella does not require any of that. You pay more taxes, but you get all your money straight away without any second thought, no hassle at all. Think about it, what you want to do, what you want to achieve, how much effort you want to put in this.

Comment

Originally posted by mrv View Post
                  My impression is the benefits of ltd vs umbrella are attainable only if you put lots of thought on how to run your ltd. Giving yourself the right salary, watching earning thresholds, devising right dividend policy etc etc. Also, ltd seems to be the long game if you're a big earner, as you can only take out certain amount each year, and one slip up could erase all your gainz. Umbrella does not require any of that. You pay more taxes, but you get all your money straight away without any second thought, no hassle at all. Think about it, what you want to do, what you want to achieve, how much effort you want to put in this.
                  Overall, I'd say that your impressions are completely wrong in pretty much every respect.

Howver, in this case, if the OP can't be bothered to run his business then I'd say he's better off with an umbrella, at least to start off with. It doesn't elminate all of the admin, but it does make the day to day very simple.

Comment

Working...
                  X