• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension

Every contract I ever did was extended. Every extension I was presented with new contract to sign. Most of the time extensions are almost identical to original contract. I always read them anyway just in case. This time contract is extended again however I am presented with only last page of the contract?! Am I to assume that the rest of the contract is exactly the same as original contract or ... I am confused ... anyone had similar experience?

Best thing to do would be to get the whole thing t check and sign, and send electronically so you have a record of exactly what was signed.

Probably nothing untoward, but belt and braces.
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

My feelings exactly, but I did ask for clarification.

Comment

It's not uncommon just to get a new schedule. By starting work again the contract is still in place. It's an implied one under the same terms.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by zorgi View Post
          Every contract I ever did was extended. Every extension I was presented with new contract to sign. Most of the time extensions are almost identical to original contract. I always read them anyway just in case. This time contract is extended again however I am presented with only last page of the contract?! Am I to assume that the rest of the contract is exactly the same as original contract or ... I am confused ... anyone had similar experience?
          Dont you mean you've been sent a new Schedule not last page of the contract? If you check your 'contract,' you'll probably find the last page is titled 'Schedule.'
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by zorgi View Post
            There should be some reference to the T&C of the first contract on the new schedule. Have you read it a few times?!

That said, one would assume that the conditions remain the same.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              There should be some reference to the T&C of the first contract on the new schedule. Have you read it a few times?!
              No reference to T&C. Just very short page with dates and signatures.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
              Dont you mean you've been sent a new Schedule not last page of the contract? If you check your 'contract,' you'll probably find the last page is titled 'Schedule.'
              I does say 'Schedule'. What is meaning of it? I am sure all is good but like to be informed, as obviously in this case I am not. Frankly when I first saw the paperwork I thought it's a mistake

Comment

A schedule should list dates, locations, rate and most importantly the list of services you are to provide plus the project you are to work on.

If any of these are mentioned in the contract then they won't be mentioned in detail or at all in the schedule.

Some agencies "forget" the services and project information so make sure it is there.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                X