• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd ball SC question....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd ball SC question....

Right!!

I'm in contract (Scruff knows!) with IBM it's no secret, this is the sitrep;

1. I've been living with my Russian partner in UK since 2004

2. I was SC'd as perm in 2010 - for 10 year period subject to the you know whats....

3. Went back to contracting - succession of SC contracts - but meant with the latterly ones being non-SC - SC expired Nov 2013.

4. Current clientco wants us SC'd - 6 months after mine expired - so I had to reapply - fair enough...

5. Applied

6. Problem with Russian Partner - again fair enough, can see the issue given the current State of Play...

7. Was interviewed by whoever at MOD questioning where my and my partners loyalties lie - again fair enough.

8. Said not with RF, partner would be British soon any way, asked if she'd give up RF citizenship - said no - needs it for going to RF for work without visa, plus no anyway, why should she?

9. She is now British. (and Russian)

10. Now app has been outstanding since 1st July 2014.

I'd like to have the option, but to be honest I'd just rather know yay or nay! Anyway of just getting it decided?

Suspect it's just wait and see.....

I think you've actually had your answer: the vetting authority won't say so, but it looks to me that you've been a clear steer that SC will not be forthcoming unless your partner renounces their Russian Citizenship.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      I think you've actually had your answer: the vetting authority won't say so, but it looks to me that you've been a clear steer that SC will not be forthcoming unless your partner renounces their Russian Citizenship.
      Another thing is I don't think it's possible to renounce Russian Citizenship, a Russian is considered Russian despite even having another citizenship, and whilst dual citizenship isn't outlawed, the second citizenship is just not acknowledged by the Russian state, you are just Russian.

I'll do a bit of research for interests sake but there's no way she'd renounce it - she needs to to work there for her job!

Comment

In the current climate, I think you will be hard pushed to find anyone in your situation granted clearance of any sort bar the minimum.

regards

Comment

Moral of the story, dont shop for a russian \ north korean bride?
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Moral of the story, dont fall for a russian \ north korean bride?
            FTFY.

Comment

Thing is we're not even married and I had SC before when circumstances were exactly the same except we don't like Dyadya Vova anymore. Come to think of it he was Pres. or Dep. Pres. the whole time I've known her.

Friend of mine just got his SC, he works for UKVI and has a Russian wife (very recent) dunno who does their clearances, mine was MOD.

Wonder why they just don't boot me off the application portal tho - been saying 'in progress...' now for about 7 months since I saw the MOD clearance dude.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Thing is we're not even married and I had SC before when circumstances were exactly the same except we don't like Dyadya Vova anymore. Come to think of it he was Pres. or Dep. Pres. the whole time I've known her.

Friend of mine just got his SC, he works for UKVI and has a Russian wife (very recent) dunno who does their clearances, mine was MOD.

Wonder why they just don't boot me off the application portal tho - been saying 'in progress...' now for about 7 months since I saw the MOD clearance dude.
                So ask them for an update, just in case it's stuck in someone's in tray.

But as I keep saying (and one day people will listen) clearance is about risk assessment. What works for one role may not work for a different one, or even for the same role at different points in time and the individual vetting offices will have their own views on what is and isn't acceptable anyway. There is no such thing as blanket SC clearance.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by RoastedSlopes View Post
                  In the current climate, I think you will be hard pushed to find anyone in your situation granted clearance of any sort bar the minimum.

regards
                  You'd be wrong then, granted yesterday!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    You'd be wrong then, granted yesterday!
                    So what changed?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X