• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds Bank 10% rate cut from April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds Bank 10% rate cut from April

Comms are being sent out about 10% rate cut across the board for any contract renewal after April.

Given other org wide changes as well, looks like tough times ahead for contractors with Lloyds.

Floodgates opened up for RBS and Barclays then!

Comment

KUATB http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-everyone.html
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
        ...tough times ahead for contractors with Lloyds.
        Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
          Lloyds've been shedding staff for years.
          They've been hiring like mad haven't they?

Offshore or Consultancies anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
            Comms are being sent out about 10% rate cut across the board for any contract renewal after April.

Given other org wide changes as well, looks like tough times ahead for contractors with Lloyds.
            Ok.

Comment

Biggest time wasters going, Lloyds. Their HR Department think they are doing you a favour looking at your cv. I told several agencies not to bother with them. When they asked why I said you apply for many roles with them and never hear anything back.

The agencies said it pissed them off as well seeing as they've submitted many contractors who clearly match the job reqs. Two agents also confirmed that if you reject an offer from lloyds, the HR Dept will put you on a barring list for 18 -24 months for having the audacity to turn them down.
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

You always can avoid a lloyds role as they advertise funny rates

£396
                £414
                £486

Etc

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                  You always can avoid a lloyds role as they advertise funny rates

£396
                  £414
                  £486

Etc
                  That's what you get after a series of 10% cuts.

Contracts usually start on a nice round figure.

The Lloyds emblem on the office block is also be a bit of a give away in the event that their rate happens to be a round figure.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 19 February 2015, 12:13.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
                    Biggest time wasters going, Lloyds. Their HR Department think they are doing you a favour looking at your cv. I told several agencies not to bother with them. When they asked why I said you apply for many roles with them and never hear anything back.

The agencies said it pissed them off as well seeing as they've submitted many contractors who clearly match the job reqs. Two agents also confirmed that if you reject an offer from lloyds, the HR Dept will put you on a barring list for 18 -24 months for having the audacity to turn them down.
                    LBG's HR dept don't screen contractors CVs let alone put anyone on any sort of 'barring list'

Comment

Working...
                    X