• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website To Introduce Contractors to Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Website To Introduce Contractors to Clients

First off, sorry if this has already been posted/discussed before. I wanted to know if there is a website that allows clients to be connected to contractors, and vice versa? Essentially, I'm talking about cutting out recruitment agencies. I was looking for something more than the service Monster offers.

Would cutting out recruitment agencies lend weight to a contract being considered outside of IR35? I've read that it might.

Originally posted by 24772433 View Post
    First off, sorry if this has already been posted/discussed before. I wanted to know if there is a website that allows clients to be connected to contractors, and vice versa? Essentially, I'm talking about cutting out recruitment agencies. I was looking for something more than the service Monster offers.

Would cutting out recruitment agencies lend weight to a contract being considered outside of IR35? I've read that it might.
    No website but I use 'satisfied clients'.

Comment

You really need to do more reading then... Start with the guides on your right.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your understanding of IR35 is flawed.

On the website, here's an example (I haven't tried it and I have no affiliation, but I've seen it mentioned on CUK before):

Contractor Club

Comment

The closest website I know is Contractor Club. Its a brilliant idea but sadly doesnt get off the ground imo because it has so few leads. It is dependent on other contractors on site with a client telling them they could direct a contractor to them without using an agent.

One of the drawbacks is that CC still have someone sifting through the cv of any applicants which kind of defeats the object of cutting out the agency from the contractor's POV.

When I applied for a suitable role through them, I was told my cv didnt reflect what was required by the client when in fact it did if someone had looked at it. I can understand sifting if they had been overwhelmed with cv's or the skillset of the applicant was completely different.

I've recently looked on the CC website and they only had 3 opportunities.
          I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

This probably sounds like contractors will get the agency margin but that's not how the market works.

When a client takes on a contractor direct he expects it to be cheaper than going through an agency. Contractors set their rates right so if a client is going direct to the market he'll want to pay the market rate that contractors are demanding, why should he pay any more?

Just want to point that out. This is one of the reasons this doesn't work because the expectation from contractors is that clients should pay the same but the client gets a "sh*ttier" recruitment process because no-one is sifting the CV's for them. Why should a client pay the same for a poorer service. I mean it's the difference between service, however flawed and absolutely no service at all.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 February 2015, 10:27.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Most clients don't mind taking the agency hit anyway as it simplifies the billing process. Easier to pay 5 different agencies than paying 100 different contractors directly.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                Most clients don't mind taking the agency hit anyway as it simplifies the billing process. Easier to pay 5 different agencies than paying 100 different contractors directly.
                Yes, that is something else to overcome. From what I know though, the clients happy to use CC were aware of that fact and seemed happy to deal with them all the same.

CC's problem as such is they dont have enough contractors telling clients about the model. Catch 22 situation.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

LinkedIn?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Your understanding of IR35 is flawed.

On the website, here's an example (I haven't tried it and I have no affiliation, but I've seen it mentioned on CUK before):

Contractor Club
                    I'm a member but not much happening there for the last 12 months or so

Comment

Working...
                    X