• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website To Introduce Contractors to Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
    http:/ /elevatedirect.com/ is now online - I have heard good things but traffic is not really there yet.

Still, can't hurt.
    Fair enough. Can you articulate why it's absolute rubbish?
    vested interest have we?
    Last edited by cojak; 23 October 2015, 15:57. Reason: removing link

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      it's absolute rubbish, I fell in a trap registering when I applied through jobserve, now I can't delete my account despite having sent them a couple of emails to delete it asap
      Contact the site's owners and request they delete it.

If they don't reply within a week contact them again and remind them of the Data Protection Act and the Information Commissioner.

You may have to make a phone call to get through to them at some point.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Fair enough. Can you articulate why it's absolute rubbish?
        I would have thought that the comment was self-explanatory
        Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        it's absolute rubbish, I fell in a trap registering when I applied through jobserve, now I can't delete my account despite having sent them a couple of emails to delete it asap
        Oh, and I've removed the links.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          I would have thought that the comment was self-explanatory
          The comment says nothing. Akin to me saying "Google's rubbish". I'd like to know if I shouldn't use the site because maybe they'll spam me to death or try to rob me or some such ? Or am I just listening to some bitter sack of tulip moaning online.

And as for having a vested interest - jog on. I heard about this site about 10 days ago, haven't used it myself and simply stuck it out there.
          It's astonishing the attitude some of you carry around, really.
          I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

The comment says nothing. Akin to me saying "Google's rubbish". I'd like to know if I shouldn't use the site because maybe they'll spam me to death or try to rob me or some such ? Or am I just listening to some bitter sack of tulip moaning online.

And as for having a vested interest - jog on. I heard about this site about 10 days ago, haven't used it myself and simply stuck it out there.
            It's astonishing the attitude some of you carry around, really.
            You've heard good things, but the traffic isn't there yet.

That's what you told us.

Give us some specifics then. What good things did you hear?

Comment

I would expect that in many cases a client paying 450/day to an agency where the contractor is getting 350/day would happily pay 400/day to hire direct and save themselves 50 quid/day.

A happy contractor not getting stiffed by a recruiter is a good contractor, especially when working alongside direct hires who are earning 20% more because they managed to discover the company was looking and get in there direct.

Plus you're not going to leave to get a better rate when the exclusivity clause expires at an old gig leaving you free to reapply at a higher rate than your current gig.

I think there are genuine reasons a client might want to hire contractors directly.
              Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post

I think there are genuine reasons a client might want to hire contractors directly.
                Of course there are, but I think the market shows that clients value the service agencies provide.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  You've heard good things, but the traffic isn't there yet.

That's what you told us.

Give us some specifics then. What good things did you hear?

With pleasure.

My wife, who works for one of the big global staffing agencies (not as a pimp, she's in finance), received the recommendation. As you might imagine quite a number of staff there know who I am and what I do... They let her know the site existed, it was opened by a both a disgruntled recruiter and an experienced contractor but was a long way from reaching its potential.

My personal extent of checking it out consisted of reading the site and a phone-call to a very helpful lady who was kind enough to send me their current open roles (there weren't many).
                  So as I say, I have heard good things but the traffic isn't there yet.

The concept isn't a bad one but it will never amount to anything if nobody uses it. It is what "we" need come April so in that respect I'm kinda disappointed not to have a vested interest. Love 'em or hate 'em I imagine they're going to make some proper moolah.
                  Judging something to be rubbish based on nothing more than an inability to pick the phone up and resolve an issue speaks volumes of someone's character, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, take it or leave it, no skin off my nose, I came off the bench yesterday.
                  I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                    Of course there are, but I think the market shows that clients value the service agencies provide.
                    In my experience it's not the value but the protection they value.

I have had plenty of conversations with honchos in big organisations (particularly MSPs) centred around the "risks of contracting directly".
                    The reality I think is more a risk that their HR people are about as useful as an umbrella in a hurricane.
                    I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by NibblyPig View Post
                      I would expect that in many cases a client paying 450/day to an agency where the contractor is getting 350/day would happily pay 400/day to hire direct and save themselves 50 quid/day.

A happy contractor not getting stiffed by a recruiter is a good contractor, especially when working alongside direct hires who are earning 20% more because they managed to discover the company was looking and get in there direct.

Plus you're not going to leave to get a better rate when the exclusivity clause expires at an old gig leaving you free to reapply at a higher rate than your current gig.

Oh dear. You like me are hampered by that age old weakness of making sense.

Common sense is pretty much outlawed in the enterprise.
                      Last edited by LucidDementia; 24 October 2015, 08:26. Reason: illiteracy
                      I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X