• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT Contractor help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I vaguely remember someone posting a HMRC link somewhere that suggested a change of employer (not client) does reset the clock... Will have a google later and see if I can track it down.
    I vaguely remember it too but I also vaguely remember the point being argued - be interested if you find it - had a quick look but no luck
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      I vaguely remember it too but I also vaguely remember the point being argued - be interested if you find it - had a quick look but no luck
      Don't recall that one, nor do I follow the concept. We're talking about taxation on personal income here; where that income comes from is irrelevant.

The only way it would work is if your new employer - note, not client - gave you a new permanent location some distance from your current place of work. I can't see that applying to contractors, or umbrella employees for that matter.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Don't recall that one, nor do I follow the concept. We're talking about taxation on personal income here; where that income comes from is irrelevant.

The only way it would work is if your new employer - note, not client - gave you a new permanent location some distance from your current place of work. I can't see that applying to contractors, or umbrella employees for that matter.
        what if you wound up your ltd company & started up a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by AMH View Post
          what if you wound up your ltd company & started up a new one?
          It would make no difference. It's about the person and the location.

The only way you get round it is by changing either the person, or the location, or both.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
            Can't find it on CUK, though I'm sure I remember someone posting a link, but Accounting web seems to think it's OK, although no links to back it up

24 Month Rule - New Employer | AccountingWEB
            IR35 24 month rule | AccountingWEB

The example "Eloise" in 490 where she moves banks specifically says she works for a company controlled by herself.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Can't find it on CUK, though I'm sure I remember someone posting a link, but Accounting web seems to think it's OK, although no links to back it up

24 Month Rule - New Employer | AccountingWEB
              IR35 24 month rule | AccountingWEB

The example "Eloise" in 490 where she moves banks specifically says she works for a company controlled by herself.
              I think this might have been it - good find - still think it's wrong though That aside - moving from umbrella to umbrella will definitely not reset the 24 month clock
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
              X