• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handed in my notice, asked to cut it short.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C1982 View Post
    Hi,
    Can they, effectively, give me my notice after I've given mine? Is this how it usually works?
    Cheers!
    Notice is one way. The party who has been served the notice may accept or reject it. They can easily tell you to leave the next day as they dont want your notice. Similarly if they gave you notice you could leave next day. Only the GIVER of notice has to honour it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      WHS

Tell them you would be more than happy to talk and do the odd day + extra support out of hours if it doesn't work out. I would also make sure the client knew one of the key reasons you left was the late payment from the agency and the fact that you haven't been paid to date. They will definitely understand that.
      Thank you - I'll be sure to mention that.

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I've learnt loads this week! Cheers :-D

Comment

Working...
      X