• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Attending Interview On Wrong Day...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attending Interview On Wrong Day...

I have a friend who for whatever reason was due to attend an interview tomorrow, but instead turned up today. Apparently the time had been changed and he had thought the day and time had been changed.

Can my friend in effect kiss this role goodbye even if he turns up tomorrow ?

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    I have a friend who for whatever reason was due to attend an interview tomorrow, but instead turned up today. Apparently the time had been changed and he had thought the day and time had been changed.

Friend eh?

I would, hopefully it'll be a nice ice breaker once he joins the team.

If he doesn't get it, the nagging feeling would always be because he made a massive twat of himself and they couldn't bring themselves to hire such an idiot.

Comment

My crystal ball is down at the moment. Surely only the agent or client can answer that. Why should he have lost the opportunity, it's not like he was late, unless of course they think your mate has displayed some kind of muppet type behaviour that should rule him out.

Comment

Why are you asking this nebulous unanswerable question to the bunch of opinionated no-hopers on this site on behalf of your "friend"? How can anyone possibly answer?

Comment

If he turns up one day too soon he can have a good laugh about it at the interview, if he turns up one day too late he can probably kiss the role good bye.

So since he was a day earlier he should go in and have a laugh with the interviewer.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by flipFlop View Post
            Why are you asking this nebulous unanswerable question to the bunch of opinionated no-hopers on this site on behalf of your "friend"? How can anyone possibly answer?
            What ?? I am just gauging the general feeling of this situation - nothing hard and fast required, no crystal ball required.

Obviously you cannot answer so step aside for someone who can provide something remotely constructive. And before you chirp in again, no, your response was not constructive.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              If he turns up one day too soon he can have a good laugh about it at the interview, if he turns up one day too late he can probably kiss the role good bye.

So since he was a day earlier he should go in and have a laugh with the interviewer.
              Make a joke of being able to deliver early?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What ?? I am just gauging the general feeling of this situation - nothing hard and fast required, no crystal ball required.

Obviously you cannot answer so step aside for someone who can provide something remotely constructive. And before you chirp in again, no, your response was not constructive.
                He's right though. How on earth are we supposed to know. They might take pity on him and give him a second chance, they may not. How the hell should we know.

Unless he is gods gift to that role and all the rest were muppets I wouldn't be seeing him again.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Your friend is a chump so he comes to you for reassurance. You must agree or you would not seek reassurance from others.

Good luck tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Taita View Post
                    Your friend is a chump so he comes to you for reassurance. You must agree or you would not seek reassurance from others.

Good luck tomorrow.
                    And cue next week's post "My friend started a day early by mistake and wants to know where he stands. Can he bill for an extra day?"

Comment

Working...
                    X