• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any opinions on Tata consulting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Run

I experience TCS daily from a Client perspective and would agree with everyone else, run. Nice enough bunch with a scattering of decent folk but how they have the audacity to include "Consulting" within their name is a mystery to me.

Comment

Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
      I am contracting through them for the last 2 years at a large bank.

No hassles, decent rates, no rate cutting threats, payment on schedule, open transparent communication, willingness to use contractors (unlike other vendors at this bank). So far, so good.

Hmmm...
      Blood in your poo

Comment

OK from me, working through them at the moment and apart from a few issues with late payment of expenses, its been good.
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by abhigreen View Post
          I am contracting through them for the last 2 years at a large bank.

No hassles, decent rates, no rate cutting threats, payment on schedule, open transparent communication, willingness to use contractors (unlike other vendors at this bank). So far, so good.
          But since you've only been contracting for two years, your frame of reference may not be the best
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

tata=muppets

Comment

I have been offered a very decent rate, fully remote with a bank as the end client.

Can I expect a largely stress free experience or long hours working with clowns?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                I have been offered a very decent rate, fully remote with a bank as the end client.

Can I expect a largely stress free experience or long hours working with clowns?
                2 guesses - and the first option isn't possible..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If its fully remote then your job will be to train up your replacements.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

If its fully remote then your job will be to train up your replacements.
                    Otherwise known as The Clowns.

Comment

I had a gig through them at a retail bank a few years ago. I did my thing, got paid on time. Towards the end of the 2nd renewal they did try to get me to attend workshops (aka train the juniors) but I refused saying it wasn't part of the agreed contract and it would need another SoW. Sometimes you can use IR35 to your benefit too.

Comment

Working...
                      X