• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flu jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ah, so its wholly and exclusively for the business then?
    Neither is an eye test but isn't that allowed?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sainsbury's did it for £10. If you are that bothered about claiming an extra £10 from your business just increase your mileage by 22 miles. It's not like the taxman is going to notice such a small difference.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Sainsbury's did it for £10. If you are that bothered about claiming an extra £10 from your business just increase your mileage by 22 miles. It's not like the taxman is going to notice such a small difference.
        So, rather than claim a legitimate £10, it's better to commit fraud because you'd probably get away with it.

If that's the thinking, why stop at £10?
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          So, rather than claim a legitimate £10, it's better to commit fraud because you'd probably get away with it.

If that's the thinking, why stop at £10?
          My point is it's so negligible what's the point either way?

Comment

My point is it's so negligible what's the point either way?
            One is legal, one isn't.

If you could steal a car stereo and sell it for £10, or claim for the flu jab, which would you choose?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

One is legal, one isn't.

If you could steal a car stereo and sell it for £10, or claim for the flu jab, which would you choose?
              Don't go pointing to the moral high ground when it comes to taxation when the rich pay ever less tax while those in the middle incomes get squeezed for ever more.

I'm not saying do it, I am merely pointing to the reality that whichever you do will result in the same thing and it's not really worth it for a tenner.

I pay tax because I have to not because I want to, the MPs who set the laws make laws which suite them and the super rich get away with paying almost zero tax because of endless tax loop holes while the one who claims an extra tenner of mileage is thieving. Give me a break

Comment

Don't go pointing to the moral high ground when it comes to taxation when the rich pay ever less tax while those in the middle incomes get squeezed for ever more.

I'm not saying do it, I am merely pointing to the reality that whichever you do will result in the same thing and it's not really worth it for a tenner.

I pay tax because I have to not because I want to, the MPs who set the laws make laws which suite them and the super rich get away with paying almost zero tax because of endless tax loop holes while the one who claims an extra tenner of mileage is thieving. Give me a break
                You're not saying to commit fraud, you're saying "just increase your mileage by 22 miles. It's not like the taxman is going to notice such a small difference."

The choice is simple - you can claim something legitimately (eg. a flu jab when you get one) or you can commit fraud (eg. making up mileage that you didn't do because HMRC aren't "going to notice such a small difference"). You seem to favour the illegal route rather than the legal one, which is (of course) your prerogative.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

You're not saying to commit fraud, you're saying "just increase your mileage by 22 miles. It's not like the taxman is going to notice such a small difference."

The choice is simple - you can claim something legitimately (eg. a flu jab when you get one) or you can commit fraud (eg. making up mileage that you didn't do because HMRC aren't "going to notice such a small difference"). You seem to favour the illegal route rather than the legal one, which is (of course) your prerogative.
                  I'm saying that somebody who is that bothered about a tenner would find it easier to do the latter and still get away with it. I am suggesting that there is no point in doing either.

Comment

Totally different basket of eggs!

One is about breaking the law, the other is about taking advantage of poor legislation.

Two wrongs a right do not make!

Comment

I'm saying that somebody who is that bothered about a tenner would find it easier to do the latter and still get away with it. I am suggesting that there is no point in doing either.
                      Why is there no point in reducing your tax bill legitimately?
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X