• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which bank for business?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'd agree with both. I have always been happy with Santander business banking too, but HSBC is the one I'd pick as best.

The only thing that annoys me is the bank statements don't run in sync with calender months, so every time I download my statements so I can poke them into InTouch's portal, I have to chop the files about and use a mixture of past statements and "recent transactions" - which are saved in slightly different formats.
    Have you tried calling them to change the statement dates? I did that a year ago, and it is smooth calender month statments now.
    HTH.
    Dave.

Comment

Didn't know that was an option - I'll request it.

Thanks!
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep HSBC for business banking (just pay the £5.50 a month)

First direct for personal..
        HSBC free for the first 18 months I think as well.

IMHO all banks are a pain in the arse when it comes to account opening, having an existing relationship, either business or personal, seems to help.

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          Have you tried calling them to change the statement dates? I did that a year ago, and it is smooth calender month statments now.
          HTH.
          Dave.
          OMG! Honestly didn't think of that!
          Thanks very much, you could save me an hour or so a month.
          Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Yep HSBC for business banking (just pay the £5.50 a month)

First direct for personal..
            Same here! Works for me.

Comment

Working...
            X