• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience with company called "No Longer Limited"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an attitude, an opinon. If you are caught by IR35 (and why should you be anyway?) and if you can't be arsed to do 20 minutes extra work a month and if you don't mind giving away a percentage of your hard-earned income for no reason at all, then umbrellas are a fine thing and are highly recommended.

Meanwhile, some of us prefer to do it properly.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Sharp
      what a surprise Lucifer, still going with your anti umbrella attitude!!!!!!
      what is this anti umbrella thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay54
        what is this anti umbrella thing?
        It's not an anti umbrella thing, most of us here run our own ltd companies because it makes more sense financiually to do so. Have a read of this to see why.

As Malvolio said

Originally posted by malvolio
        If you are caught by IR35 (and why should you be anyway?) and if you can't be arsed to do 20 minutes extra work a month and if you don't mind giving away a percentage of your hard-earned income for no reason at all, then umbrellas are a fine thing and are highly recommended.

Meanwhile, some of us prefer to do it properly.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Homosexuals all of them I heard (except the good looking birds)
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
            It's not an anti umbrella thing, most of us here run our own ltd companies because it makes more sense financiually to do so. Have a read of this to see why.

As Malvolio said
            I run my own limited company but some agencies try to push me through some umbrella, I have had a couple of times when I have lost the contract because i wont go through the umbella the ageny want me to use.this is just plain wong as as far as I am conserned I run a bussiness so why should I have to go this way? as I am not a shareholder of someone else's businesses as these umbrella-composites say I shoud go through.

Comment

Interesting. Which agencies ?
              It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Sharp
                what a surprise Lucifer, still going with your anti umbrella attitude!!!!!!
                Umbrellas are only good for one thing - keeping the rain off. Or very, very short term contracts.

Judging by the people who pop up here daily to relate heart rending stories about how their umbrella has screwed them over one way or another, it's hard to draw any other conclusion.

Comment

Quite right. Just another layer (cost centre) between you and the client, which is never a good thing.
                  It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by Jay54
                    I run my own limited company but some agencies try to push me through some umbrella, I have had a couple of times when I have lost the contract because i wont go through the umbella the ageny want me to use.this is just plain wong as as far as I am conserned I run a bussiness so why should I have to go this way? as I am not a shareholder of someone else's businesses as these umbrella-composites say I shoud go through.
                    I too have been pushed by some agenies to go throuh their list of preferred list of supplies for umbrellas/composites. I have done the same as Jay54 and said why should I if run a proper business but they aren't interested. This means I have to turn down workand is just 'plain wrong' as Jay54 says.

Comment

Working...
                    X