• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breach of contract....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think assurance is insurance against something that will definitely happen, so I don't think it's assurance they're providing.
    Assurance that there is insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Assurance that there is insurance?
      Do they offer insurance againt that assurance?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Once, I had a contract cancelled. The agency got a week's fees, and they asked me to invoice them for one week's fees.

But that was a long long time ago.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
          Does anyone want to share any successful attempts at claiming compensation for breach of contract, for example, if a contract has been cancelled once you have signed on the dotted line and started a gig? Am in similar position and have been asked 'what I want'....!!
          Gosh, you really don't have much luck - it was only in June that you were asking about whether the client / agency can pull the rug when you have accepted and turned down other work.

Anyway, work out what your losses have been. Work out what you think they will pay, and charge that.

And if you have IPSE+ then see if there is anything you can claim on their policy for business interruption for.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Gosh, you really don't have much luck - it was only in June that you were asking about whether the client / agency can pull the rug when you have accepted and turned down other work.

Anyway, work out what your losses have been. Work out what you think they will pay, and charge that.

And if you have IPSE+ then see if there is anything you can claim on their policy for business interruption for.
            Is that insurance?

Comment

I always insure that I get assurance of any ensuring re-assurance is sure

latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
                Does anyone want to share any successful attempts at claiming compensation for breach of contract, for example, if a contract has been cancelled once you have signed on the dotted line and started a gig? Am in similar position and have been asked 'what I want'....!!
                Claim the amount that is equivalent to your notice period in the contract.

It's a penalty for the other party cancelling the contract with no notice.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Insurance

Comment

Originally posted by Tasslehoff View Post
                    Insurance
                    If you say it three times, does Malvolio appear?

Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                      If you say it three times, does Malvolio appear?
                      Or this fella if you are unlucky...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X