• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opt out?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opt out?

Hi guys,

Just about to sign my contract renewal but was thrown by an "opt out" section in there. I'm an Ltd and operate entirely as such so I'm assuming I tick this box??

Cheers!

N

Originally posted by zudecke View Post
    Hi guys,

Just about to sign my contract renewal but was thrown by an "opt out" section in there. I'm an Ltd and operate entirely as such so I'm assuming I tick this box??

Cheers!

N
    I can hear the vein in NLUK's temple throb from here - no, read the threads on here and the guides on the right hand side.

Comment

At the top of the forum you posted in, you'll find a sticky thread called "Opt out of Conduct of employment agencies 2003 act?"

Read and digest, then make up your own mind on how you run your business.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The short answer is don't tick the box.

The longer answer is given by the esteemed gentleman above.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The opt-in / opt-out status is established before supply. If this is a renewal, your status under the regs is already defined.
          https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

If it is, as you say a renewal, I would ignore it.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
              The opt-in / opt-out status is established before supply. If this is a renewal, your status under the regs is already defined.
              ...and can be changed at that point, should you wish to do so.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

|
                |
                |
                |
                |
                |
                v

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  ...and can be changed at that point, should you wish to do so.
                  If you are saying it can be changed up until the point of supply, you are correct. Subsequent extensions follow this status has always been my understanding.
                  https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
                    If you are saying it can be changed up until the point of supply, you are correct. Subsequent extensions follow this status has always been my understanding.
                    Not if an agency sends an opt out renewal with the renewal contract. Sign the renewal contract and don't sign the renewal opt out declaration means you ain't accepting the status quo on the opt out.
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Working...
                    X