• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Contract

Just landed first contract. Looking forward to it. Even get to work from home two days per week !

Originally posted by steve80 View Post
    Just landed first contract. Looking forward to it. Even get to work from home two days per week !
    Well done and good luck - and as is tradition around here have a

I added a "boomed!" tag to your post to make that bit of the tag cloud bigger ;-)
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Congrats, how was the interview, what kind of questions did they ask?

Comment

Also,

Comment

Hope I'm doing the right thing here. I've been a permy for the last 14 yrs !!

Comment

Hope I'm doing the right thing here. I've been a permy for the last 14 yrs !!
            Read all the guides here and then read them again. Join PCG, and then just keep on invoicing.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Congratulations and remember it is probably your fault. But keep invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                Congratulations and remember it is probably your fault. But keep invoicing.
                ????

Comment

????
                  As a contractor part of the role is to be the scapegoat, it's one of the things that you learn to ignore or deflect as necessary.

Grats on your first contract, 2 days from home on a first one isn't bad going at all.

Comment

The 3 days I travel to the office will be 60 miles round trip per day. Is it worth putting this through an expense ?

I'm struggling to understand how expenses work

Comment

Working...
                    X