• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back on the Bench

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the Bench

Well, I turned up in good faith for my new contract down in London, only to find there wasn't a job. My interview which went well and I was told my skill set was in need on a project and hired shortly after only to find the complete opposite.

Oh well, back on the bench. They've agreed to cover my two days down there at the agreed day rate as I turned up in good faith. I also have an interview next Tuesday for a role and I'm almost a cert for another starting in a couple of weeks, both commutable distances from home. So cannot complain too much.

Still its a little frustrating after travelling to the other side of the country and find suitable lodgings close to the office only to be told to go home.

What is your skill set?
    https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Did the right thing Fella. Next gig will be a breeze. Onwards and upwards.

Comment

The inability of British business to organise itself constantly amazes me.

Comment

Thems the breaks, move on and find the next one.

Good Luck.

qh
          He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
            ...and find suitable lodgings close to the office...
            That's probably the most frustrating.
            Finding something suitable takes a lot of effort.
            I normally leave that until after the first couple of days.
            I get a crappy B&B during the initial period, just so there's minimal risk if it all goes poof. Then I task the company secretary to do some work and find something better and more long term.
            Don't believe it, until you see it!

Comment

Working...
            X