• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Back on the Bench

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Back on the Bench"

Collapse

• darrylmg
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
    ...and find suitable lodgings close to the office...
    That's probably the most frustrating.
    Finding something suitable takes a lot of effort.
    I normally leave that until after the first couple of days.
    I get a crappy B&B during the initial period, just so there's minimal risk if it all goes poof. Then I task the company secretary to do some work and find something better and more long term.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Thems the breaks, move on and find the next one.

Good Luck.

qh

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    The inability of British business to organise itself constantly amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Did the right thing Fella. Next gig will be a breeze. Onwards and upwards.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    What is your skill set?

Leave a comment:

• Scotchpie
    started a topic Back on the Bench

Back on the Bench

Well, I turned up in good faith for my new contract down in London, only to find there wasn't a job. My interview which went well and I was told my skill set was in need on a project and hired shortly after only to find the complete opposite.

Oh well, back on the bench. They've agreed to cover my two days down there at the agreed day rate as I turned up in good faith. I also have an interview next Tuesday for a role and I'm almost a cert for another starting in a couple of weeks, both commutable distances from home. So cannot complain too much.

Still its a little frustrating after travelling to the other side of the country and find suitable lodgings close to the office only to be told to go home.

Working...
X