• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brexit NHS dividend starts paying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Brexit NHS dividend starts paying

Today I got a text from the NHS my appointment was cancelled as there are no blood sample bottles left. This must be how they get the £350M per week https://uhs.nhs.uk/AboutTheTrust/Newsandpublications/Latestnews/2021/August/International-blood-bottle-shortage-all-non-essential-blood-tests-suspended.aspx

The shortage isn't due to lack of funds.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      The shortage isn't due to lack of funds.
      No, but it is due, at least in part, to Brexit related supply chain issues.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58394899

Becton Dickinson (BD) - which makes blood test vials for the NHS - is ramping up imports to try to alleviate serious shortages of test tubes ...
      Like many other industries, the firm previously said that it was experiencing "continued transportation challenges" in addition to increased demand, which included port and transport capacity, air freight capacity and UK border challenges.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

So nothing to do with the £350m, as I said.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          So nothing to do with the £350m, as I said.
          for £350M per week they can build a new blood sample bottle factory every week

Comment

Working...
          X