• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

competing with the US and Asia rather than the EU

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

competing with the US and Asia rather than the EU

Forget Frankfurt and Paris, says Barclays boss - BBC News

I am no fan of Jes Staley having worked with him at JPM(and he worked with Bliar). But he does make a good point. Europe is over the hill. Thank God the UK has got off that sinking ship. Now we need to focus on the future.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I am no fan of Jes Staley having worked with him at JPM(and he worked with Bliar). But he does make a good point. Europe is over the hill. Thank God the UK has got off that sinking ship. Now we need to focus on the future.
    On October 26, 2015, the Daily Mail published an article exposing that Jeffrey Epstein had threatened the UK Parliament unless it accepted his pick of Jes Staley for the role of CEO of Barclays. The Times stated that Epstein sent emails to the Treasury Select Committee, which were then leaked to the Daily Mail. Freedom of Information requests were subsequently sent to Parliament
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The UK is the slowest growing economy in Europe so the EU is better off without.

EU's exports to China growing much faster than to the UK.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

He's right about looking towards the East, the UK, US and the EU all have depreciating contributions to the world's GDP. The problem is probably a necessity rather than a win, all servicing all markets, including the EU would be the most optimal, which was the case pre-Brexit.

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The UK is the slowest growing economy in Europe so the EU is better off without.
        That doesn't make any sense, the UK was a big net contributor. Do you have any evidence the EU is better off without the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
          Do you have any evidence the EU is better off without the UK?
          Brexit? Brexitors? Tory government?

How much evidence do you need?
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexit Britain's progress in JEOPARDY

BORIS JOHNSON has been warned Brexit will prove unsuccessful for the country
            Who would have thought!
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Brexit? Brexitors? Tory government?

How much evidence do you need?
              It could be argued all those things you mentioned has strengthened the support for EU on the continent

Comment

Working...
              X