• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Barnier orders UK to obey EU rules

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Nor has Barnier
    Certainly not now. He's gone off to 'serve France' - some would argue he's been doing that for years.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      And what is wrong with horsemeat (as long as it is declared properly on the packaging)? It is delicious and still wonder why I can't get it here in the UK.
      I wasn't making a judgement on horsemeat, purely that the evil EU 'they' didn't do it as was insinuated; it was the act of criminals.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
        And what is wrong with horsemeat (as long as it is declared properly on the packaging)? It is delicious and still wonder why I can't get it here in the UK.
        The UK is a civilised country; apologies for the inconvenience, and do feel free to feck off to somewhere that isn't.
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The UK is a civilised country; apologies for the inconvenience, and do feel free to feck off to somewhere that isn't.
          But the UK eats cows and sheep so why is a horse different?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            'they' didn't put horsemeat into the food. It was the act of criminals.

And of course it goes both ways - we have signed a legally binding international treaty. It's just that the brexidiots think that we can break a treaty with no consequences. They are wrong.

It was the act of criminals that the EU failed to prevent maybe if they had washed them in Chlorine?

EU ministers call for emergency testing amid horsemeat scandal | News | DW | 13.02.2013

EU ministers call for emergency testing amid horsemeat scandal

European Union ministers have called for more intensive meat product testing for a month amid a growing scandal involving horsemeat being sold as beef. The affair led to food recalls across the continent.
            Horsemeat scandal: where did the 29% horse in your Tesco burger come from? | Horsemeat scandal | The Guardian

The Guardian has discovered that the company bought some of its meat from a Dutch businessman called Willy Selten via a trader who could have been a source. Selten ran a meat cutting plant in the town of Oss, south of Rotterdam. In May, he was arrested by the Dutch authorities on suspicion of fraud and false accounting, when official tests on boxes of meat labelled as beef taken from his factory found horse DNA in 21% of them.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              But the UK eats cows and sheep so why is a horse different?

We hopefully don't eat Cows & Sheep with banned substances in.

Horsemeat raised for human consumption is fine.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X