• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking - Boris will sign new treaty in Compiègne, France

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking - Boris will sign new treaty in Compiègne, France

< train your sights on this placeholder >

The Brexit situation has developed not necessarily to Britain’s advantage, while the general trends of the world have all turned against her interest.

Comment

It’s a win cuz Boris says so

And to be fair he’s got a different deal than May did.

No text to see the fine print tho, neither side said how muck UK will pay (if anything), but if it was 0 then surely Boris would have said today that he saved £350 mln per week and it will be put into Nhs?

Comment

Don't know all the details yet as you say but Nigel Farage says it looks good too. If he is satisfied I expect that most Brexiteers, apart from the total fanatics, will be.

Brexit deal: Boris Johnson says EU trade agreement resolves 'question that has bedevilled politics for decades' – live | Politics | The Guardian
        Last edited by xoggoth; 24 December 2020, 16:43.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

How can Farage know what’s in the deal when text isn’t even ready?

Comment

Cos he's a farsighted genius.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              How can Farage know what’s in the deal when text isn’t even ready?
              Lord Farage of Larne, that’s how.

Comment

Richard Murphy on tax, accounting and political economy

People are happy...

I am happy there is finally some closure...

Comment

oh the remoaners won't be happy until they are being pegged by Angela again.

Lets hope its fair to both sides.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    oh the remoaners won't be happy until they are being pegged by Angela again.

Lets hope its fair to both sides.
                    Oh, it is magnificent!

• Zero tariffs and quotas on goods
                    • The end of free movement, meaning UK citizens will no longer have the right to work, live, study, or start a business in the EU without a visa
                    • Border checks will apply between the UK and EU member states
                    • There will be no hard border on the island of Ireland between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland
                    • The UK will be able to further develop British fishing activities for at least 5-and-a-half years, during which time European fishing communities will be safeguarded
                    • A shared commitment to protecting the environment, to fight against climate change and carbon pricing
                    • A shared commitment to protecting social and labor rights
                    • Keeping standards on tax transparency
                    • Passengers' and workers' rights in the transport sector
                    • The UK's continued participation in a number of EU programs until 2027 such as Horizon Europe, subject to a UK financial contribution.

Comment

Working...
                    X