• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kent Access Permit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent Access Permit

Apparently the system (Check an HGV is ready to cross the border (Kent Access Permit) - GOV.UK) is not working that well in that you can put in anything to get a QR code for your HGV number plate. So far there is someone with the number plate 'Cockwomble' and then this:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

The QR code is text - 245 characters - I don't know how the text decodes, but on the tests I did, you get a different code generated according to date, plates and other information entered before it's generated.

So yes, you can generate from any number plate. But so what? Presumably when you arrive at the port, they scan it, and they just might notice the number plate doesn't match (which will give you a £300 fine and you may be turned away).
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      The QR code is text - 245 characters - I don't know how the text decodes, but on the tests I did, you get a different code generated according to date, plates and other information entered before it's generated.

So yes, you can generate from any number plate. But so what? Presumably when you arrive at the port, they scan it, and they just might notice the number plate doesn't match (which will give you a £300 fine and you may be turned away).
      Some Cockwomble on Twatter gets his 15 seconds of fame though.

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

they have fixed it to 16 characters for the reg plate I have a permit coming for the reg plate P155FLAPS
        Former IPSE member
        My Website

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
          they have fixed it to 16 characters for the reg plate I have a permit coming for the reg plate P155FLAPS
          This sort of behaviour is unacceptable. The next thing you know people will be using the PMs and MPs email addresses to make rude permits. Do not do this to [email protected]
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

It is a very clear attack vector. The potential for degradation of the service is the issue, not a 300GBP fine for someone making a silly plate.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
              It is a very clear attack vector. The potential for degradation of the service is the issue, not a 300GBP fine for someone making a silly plate.
              Well, you know that. And I know that. But I bet Phil Dore doesn't. And I suspect Paddy doesn't.

Has anyone tried Robert'); DROP TABLE Registrations;
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
              X