• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU hauliers are starting to refuse deliveries to the U.K. in January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU hauliers are starting to refuse deliveries to the U.K. in January

Brexit Border Chaos Prompts Warning Truckers Will Ditch U.K. - Bloomberg

Of particular concern is the raft of food and produce the U.K. imports, Mortensen said. Delays could see everything from bananas to salmon passing their use-by dates aboard trucks and being unusable by the time they reach their destinations.

“It looks very concerning at the moment,” he said. “Chaos and unpredictability can lead to trucking capacity being allocated to other markets, leaving U.K. supermarkets with less than full shelves.”

Last week, the chairman of supermarket chain Tesco Plc, John Allan, warned of shortages of fresh produce for a month or two after Dec. 31, and said shoppers could expect to pay more for their food.
    Hope that unicorn meat tastes good

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Great news for the UK. Imports are bad. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Well it is just after Christmas when everybody in the country is on a diet and going to gyms and eating only superfoods. So yeah, bring on empty shelves, we can easily manage that. I am tired of seeing grapes from Egypt and avocados from Peru clogging up the shelves.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        ... going to gyms...
        Except they'll be closed. Perhaps they'll go on long bracing walks in the sunny uplands?
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Well it is just after Christmas when everybody in the country is on a diet and going to gyms and eating only superfoods. So yeah, bring on empty shelves, we can easily manage that. I am tired of seeing grapes from Egypt and avocados from Peru clogging up the shelves.
          Neither of which will be affected by delays at Calais.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            Shipped to Rotterdam and then distributed across Europe. They are affected by delays at Calais.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

The other way around UK to EU., there will also be problems. All Amazon returns which came from mainland Europe will be going nowhere, snowflake brexiteers will start moaning where their refunds are (and blame the EU in the process)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                The other way around UK to EU., there will also be problems. All Amazon returns which came from mainland Europe will be going nowhere, snowflake brexiteers will start moaning where their refunds are (and blame the EU in the process)
                What part of "THE UK HOLDS ALL THE CARDS" don't you understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  What part of "THE UK HOLDS ALL THE CARDS" don't you understand?
                  The fact that my removal company have shifted my UK to DE house move from to February makes me happy to know this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    How sweet that you believe this
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                    X