• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This looming crisis is not the Brexit the PM promised.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    So WFT did you vote for?
    I voted for this country to unshackle itself from the federalist bureaucratic profligate unaccountable monstrosity that the original Common Market that we signed up to had become.

As did the vast majority of those who voted LEAVE. The whole vanity project had completely overstepped its original remit and morphed into a dangerously inflated all-encompassing superstate.

Not what we ever agreed to, and not what we are going to be stuck with footing the burgeoning bill for.

I was quite prepared for a period of upheaval, quite possibly an extended one. That is how it seems to be playing out.

The main thing is that I, along with the majority of my fellow countrymen, are going to get what we voted for.

I have no doubt we can and will make it work. Even allowing for the bedwetting anguish of the Luddites that STILL oppose progress.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

EUSSR Federales are coming to get spubhoy

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        I voted for this country to unshackle itself from the federalist bureaucratic profligate unaccountable monstrosity that the original Common Market that we signed up to had become.

As did the vast majority of those who voted LEAVE. The whole vanity project had completely overstepped its original remit and morphed into a dangerously inflated all-encompassing superstate.

Not what we ever agreed to, and not what we are going to be stuck with footing the burgeoning bill for.

I was quite prepared for a period of upheaval, quite possibly an extended one. That is how it seems to be playing out.

The main thing is that I, along with the majority of my fellow countrymen, are going to get what we voted for.

I have no doubt we can and will make it work. Even allowing for the bedwetting anguish of the Luddites that STILL oppose progress.

HTH

Let's hope so

As for the rest of your dribble ...
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Any regrets?
          No. I'm sorry it came down to this, but negotiating with a protectionist government was never going to end well.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            No. I'm sorry it came down to this, but negotiating with a protectionist government was never going to end well.
            Yeah, it's going to be so much easier to negotiate with the UK - which is NOT a protectionist Govt.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

HTH

Don’t forget the UK holds all the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Stuff and nonsense with your talking the economy down. The UK will prosper mightily with a No Deal Brexit. Shauny’s popping down Iceland to see if he can pick up some patriotic fish. Maybe you should do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Stuff and nonsense with your talking the economy down. The UK will prosper mightily with a No Deal Brexit. Shauny’s popping down Iceland to see if he can pick up some patriotic fish. Maybe you should do the same.
                  Lovely use of irony...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X