• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This looming crisis is not the Brexit the PM promised."

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Stuff and nonsense with your talking the economy down. The UK will prosper mightily with a No Deal Brexit. Shauny’s popping down Iceland to see if he can pick up some patriotic fish. Maybe you should do the same.
    Lovely use of irony...

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No. I'm sorry it came down to this, but negotiating with a protectionist government was never going to end well.
    Stuff and nonsense with your talking the economy down. The UK will prosper mightily with a No Deal Brexit. Shauny’s popping down Iceland to see if he can pick up some patriotic fish. Maybe you should do the same.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I voted for this country to unshackle itself from the federalist bureaucratic profligate unaccountable monstrosity that the original Common Market that we signed up to had become.

As did the vast majority of those who voted LEAVE. The whole vanity project had completely overstepped its original remit and morphed into a dangerously inflated all-encompassing superstate.

Not what we ever agreed to, and not what we are going to be stuck with footing the burgeoning bill for.

I was quite prepared for a period of upheaval, quite possibly an extended one. That is how it seems to be playing out.

The main thing is that I, along with the majority of my fellow countrymen, are going to get what we voted for.

I have no doubt we can and will make it work. Even allowing for the bedwetting anguish of the Luddites that STILL oppose progress.

HTH

Don’t forget the UK holds all the cards.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    No. I'm sorry it came down to this, but negotiating with a protectionist government was never going to end well.
    Yeah, it's going to be so much easier to negotiate with the UK - which is NOT a protectionist Govt.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Any regrets?

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    I voted for this country to unshackle itself from the federalist bureaucratic profligate unaccountable monstrosity that the original Common Market that we signed up to had become.

As did the vast majority of those who voted LEAVE. The whole vanity project had completely overstepped its original remit and morphed into a dangerously inflated all-encompassing superstate.

Not what we ever agreed to, and not what we are going to be stuck with footing the burgeoning bill for.

I was quite prepared for a period of upheaval, quite possibly an extended one. That is how it seems to be playing out.

The main thing is that I, along with the majority of my fellow countrymen, are going to get what we voted for.

I have no doubt we can and will make it work. Even allowing for the bedwetting anguish of the Luddites that STILL oppose progress.

HTH

Let's hope so

As for the rest of your dribble ...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    EUSSR Federales are coming to get spubhoy

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    So WFT did you vote for?

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Nobody "promised" anything.

You cretins would have realised that if you stopped wailing and gnashing for a few moments once in a while.

So WFT did you vote for?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Nobody "promised" anything.

You cretins would have realised that if you stopped wailing and gnashing for a few moments once in a while.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Talk to any women, who've hooked up with Boris, and you'll find out how his promises pan out.
    He promised them a baby and they got it

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    It was promised on the dark side of the bus

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Talk to any women, who've hooked up with Boris, and you'll find out how his promises pan out.
    BoJo just watches as Dominic Cummings does the job.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    Just wondering what the leave voters on this forum make of this Times article.

This looming chaos is not the Brexit the PM promised | Comment | The Sunday Times

Any regrets?
    Leavers are too busy re-watching Sink the Bismarck! to read a newspaper article.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X