• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK's New Open Door Immigration Policy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I still remember the points based highly skilled visa fiasco. Visas were handed out en masse for thousands without proper checks
    Not initially, I know since I had it...

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Should be more like £65,200, apart from temp. seasonal workers and those we really need to drive a high tech. economy.
      Why do you want to destroy the livelihoods of the talented hardworking people who earn more than £65,200?

Look in the mirror before answering.

Comment

Of the 3.8 million Europeans living in the UK 3.2 million are in highly skilled jobs, of the 600,000 in unskilled jobs, the majority are in essential jobs such as health care, driving trucks and working in food processing plants. The ones that everyone complains about are the 200,000 low skilled working in coffee shops and as cleaners. Most of the unskilled actually have degrees and are in temporary jobs simply trying to improve their English.

I think little will change with respect to immigration, other than you won't get served in a coffee shop.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Of the 3.8 million Europeans living in the UK 3.2 million are in highly skilled jobs, of the 600,000 in unskilled jobs, the majority are in essential jobs such as health care, driving trucks and working in food processing plants. The ones that everyone complains about are the 200,000 low skilled working in coffee shops and as cleaners. Most of the unskilled actually have degrees and are in temporary jobs simply trying to improve their English.

I think little will change with respect to immigration, other than you won't get served in a coffee shop.
          And from personal experience I can say the EU emigrants that I have come across working in coffee shops and as cleaners are very hard working compared with most Brits and others.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            And from personal experience I can say the EU emigrants that I have come across working in coffee shops and as cleaners are very hard working compared with most Brits and others.
            At least the cleaners and coffee shop workers are doing something good that helps me. I only object to the mountains of tax credits I have to pay to them.

What really get’s my goat is all these bright, hard-working, highly skilled, badly paid Europeans coming over. I am none of those things, so how exactly am I supposed to compete?

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Very little will change but the Tories won't be able to blame the EU now.

Comment

Working...
                X