• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another extension

U-turns, extensions, incompetence, when will it ever end?

Northern Ireland businesses call for Brexit transition extension | Politics | The Guardian
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

It would be bonkers to extend the transition period in the midst of a pandemic.

I'm a teapot.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

At this point not extending would be pure evil. The disruption that we already have from covid, high inflation from lose monetary policy+ additional tariffs and friction from brexit.
      It will disproportionately affect the poor.

But at the same time they could hide the policies gone wrong behind covid so they have more political shield...

It’s not very long and we’ll see.

Comment

The people are sick of Brexit and want it to be got done.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Not all the people, the external consultancies brought in by the Tory government are doing quite well out of it and would probably welcome another extension
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Yep, we sure are. I certainly don't welcome the Tories extending this cock up any more - they need to face up to their mess now and live with the tulip that is about to hit the fan. Their supporters need to understand that project fear was always reality
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Taken Back Control

We Are Getting Our Country Back

Believe in Britain!

New National Anthem!

Comment

Working...
              X