• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the betting now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the betting now?

So, Coronavirus has slowed things down (almost to a standstill) and the EU have got much bigger fish to fry. Do you think that means they'll just stick with take-it-or-leave-it soft Brexit on the grounds they just can't be bothered any more, or will they cave in and let Cummings have his Canada+++ because ... they just can't be bothered any more?

My suspicion is Cummings will refuse to delay. Despite making poor decisions and generally appearing even more of a buffoon than normal, Boris's approval ratings are sky high. This 'Tally-Ho/We'll fight them on the Beaches' plays really well with Homo Brexitis. And of course if GDP goes down 2-5% and productivity falls even further behind, the Conservatives have got the perfect camouflage.

So I'm with hard Brexit end of December. Strap on your safety belts...
    "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Indeed they have the perfect smoke screen.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
      And of course if GDP goes down 2-5%.
      I think they'll dream of GDP going down by that little. I'm guessing GDP down in excess of 10%. When JP Morgan are forecasting up to 40%...

Comment

Originally posted by ShandyDrinker View Post
        I think they'll dream of GDP going down by that little.
        I meant going down 2-5% because of Brexit. This was the price Homo Brexitis were happy all along to pay for Ye Olde Brexit Fairy Tale. The trouble was, like my wife, they absolutely don't understand what a price is. Like, my wife, their price circuitry is disconnected. The electrons race along it, but don't go anywhere.
        "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
          So, Coronavirus has slowed things down (almost to a standstill) and the EU have got much bigger fish to fry. Do you think that means they'll just stick with take-it-or-leave-it soft Brexit on the grounds they just can't be bothered any more, or will they cave in and let Cummings have his Canada+++ because ... they just can't be bothered any more?

My suspicion is Cummings will refuse to delay. Despite making poor decisions and generally appearing even more of a buffoon than normal, Boris's approval ratings are sky high. This 'Tally-Ho/We'll fight them on the Beaches' plays really well with Homo Brexitis. And of course if GDP goes down 2-5% and productivity falls even further behind, the Conservatives have got the perfect camouflage.

So I'm with hard Brexit end of December. Strap on your safety belts...
          I think we've done this gag before, but unless a satisfactory deal is done, they'll have a lot less free fish.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Indeed they have the perfect smoke screen.
            Trump has promised a great trade deal with the UK. Stop talking the country down.

Comment

Makes you proud to be British

We shall spin on the beaches, we shall spin on the landing grounds, we shall spin in the fields and in the streets, we shall spin in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Comment

Never Mind the Brexit (Bollocks), Here's the Coronavirus

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - Wikipedia

Cue... Anarchy in the UK
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

If this country can manage Covid-19 then it will easily do no-deal.

Comment

Anybody's Guess

I guess one of the gotchas is Cummings would get back fishing as part of a no-deal crash-out but the fishermen could not sell any. It all currently goes to the EU and the general view is friction would kill that business. Beyond that, a lot of big businesses would go ape-tulip if they saw hard Brexit closing in on them.

Comment

Working...
                    X