• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£3.30 for all expats!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£3.30 for all expats!

The British government has pledged that they'll fund up to £3.30 per person to support the one million British citizens living in the EU and the EFTA.

UK announces €3.3 million to help British nationals in EU prepare for Brexit | Euronews

Over a hundred times less than the UK will give to the NHS each week. That's nice.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

I'd say you are worth less than that to the UK. Can we get a refund?

Comment

Where do I send my invoice? Let's see...Lost income due to turning down contracts for German lessons = €75,000, Burger application for family = €1000, there's more hidden expenses than I care to remember not to mention the stress the family have gone through since the referendum result.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I'd say you are a cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Where do I send my invoice? Let's see...Lost income due to turning down contracts for German lessons = €75,000, Burger application for family = €1000, there's more hidden expenses than I care to remember not to mention the stress the family have gone through since the referendum result.
          Don't worry, Mrs Krankie will make sure she gets another go...

On the other points, you paid 75k for German lessons, and 1k for McDonalds? Are you sure you're in the right country? (I'm not complaining, as long as whichever country you're in isn't the UK).
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

£75K to learn Greman you must be a bit of a thickie!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              £75K to learn Greman you must be a bit of a thickie!
              English lessons

Math lessons - see if you can figure out my hourly rate.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I'll spend it on sending you a food parcel in November.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Enough to buy a pint of ‘bow and a bag of pork scratchings, like

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    I'll spend it on sending you a food parcel in November.
                    Make sure you chlorinate it before sending.

Comment

Working...
                    X