• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A second referendum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    That way we can join the euro - so much win
    You're already in the Euro, you muppet. And we won't have to bail you all out when it all goes titties up...so much win
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      It's presumably around 42% now some of the selfish old farts have died off naturally. Balanced by a new generation of brainwashed gullible kids, who believe they can work anywhere in Europe, despite not speaking the local language.
      You mean just like some of us have done and are doing?

It’s not the EU holding you back, it’s you.

Comment

It's presumably around 42% now some of the selfish old farts have died off naturally. Balanced by a new generation of brainwashed gullible kids, who believe they can work anywhere in Europe, despite not speaking the local language.
        I worked in a few European countries and not speaking the local language was never an issue... I guess you are the brainwashed one...
        Last edited by CryingSheep; 25 August 2019, 10:44.
        "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

10 years of the backstop should make any surviving gammons see sense.

Comment

You are so grossly out of touch with reality. You could easily class me as a selfish old fart but I am a remainer as are my friends who are also the selfish old farts and remainers (one who also died last year, he was ex-army and a strong remainer).

I have worked in 14 EU countries all of which had either English as the working language or at least English as a second language. Even if a business is not international, they often choose to work in English to avoid local conflicts in multi-language countries. Eg, Belgium and Switzerland. Many other small businesses are quite happy to communicate English to their workers. The only country that excluded me from contracting with them due to not knowing the local language is Wales. A welsh council stipulated that the IT staff must be welsh speakers.
            Last edited by Paddy; 25 August 2019, 10:40.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              You are so grossly out of touch with reality. You could easily class me as a selfish old fart but I am a remainer as are my friends who are also the selfish old farts and remainers (one who also died last year, he was ex-army and a strong remainer).

I have worked in 14 EU countries all of which had either English as the working language or at least English as a second language. Even if a business is not international, they often choose to work in English to avoid local conflicts in multi-language countries. Eg, Belgium and Switzerland. Many other small businesses are quite happy to communicate English to their workers. The only country that excluded me from contracting with them due to not knowing the local language is Wales. A welsh council stipulated that the IT staff must be welsh speakers.
              Another country that excludes anyone that won't speak local language is all the UK
              "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                Another country that excludes anyone that won't speak local language is the UK

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                Really?
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The established norm for a referendum is once every 40 years approx.
                  False

What’s established is that large Constitutional changes require more than simple majority, 2/3 is sensible norm

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    The only country that excluded me from contracting with them due to not knowing the local language is Wales. A welsh council stipulated that the IT staff must be welsh speakers.
                    Cymru am byth!

Where was that located then?

Seeing that the rates are generally crap, like.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      Nope, no second referendum. The UK electorate have voted and now the will of the people must be done regardless of the outcome.
                      The only way to kill off Brexit once and for all is to let them have their hard crash out Brexit. Once the idiots who voted for it realise that we were better off inside the EU, we can beg to go back in (on equal terms with everyone else) and start to get on with our lives again. Canceling Brexit now will just give the likes of Farage a platform to spout their lies from forever more.

Let's have a hard Brexit on 31st Oct
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X