• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let 'em have their no deal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    In the spirit of showing confidence in a No Deal Brexit, I've decided that I'm cancelling my Netflix subscription and it will leave me free to reach my own agreements with every film and TV studio in the world, rather than suffering the restrictions placed on me by Netflix. This will, i'm sure be a resounding success and studio execs will be lining up for their share of my £7.99 a month.

i have also written to netflix to tell them that if they take their ludicrous rules off the table, I might, if they don't get all arsey and protectionist on me, carry on using their services for no fee, but if they don't agree to that, I'll be gone for good.
    If you have been charged £39bn to cancel your Netflix subscription, my advice is not to pay it. What can they do, the rascals..?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      If you have been charged £39bn to cancel your Netflix subscription, my advice is not to pay it. What can they do, the rascals..?
      Is your attitude the same if you decide to jump out of a mortgage deal and the bank will charge you the agreed fee? Or jump out from any contract that you've been "profiting from" for years and you get in to by your own will?
      "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

I don't know what Netflix would do, but pretty sure the EU will sue the UK in court and win. Most likely the UK credit rating will be further downgraded, which will make the access to the magic money tree Government borrowing more expensive and by the rate of Boris spending pledges it will be sorely needed.

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
          Is your attitude the same if you decide to jump out of a mortgage deal and the bank will charge you the agreed fee? Or jump out from any contract that you've been "profiting from" for years and you get in to by your own will?
          Mordac would just blame that 'shifty' George Soros.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Mordac would just blame that 'shifty' George Soros.
            "Shifty git". If you're going to quote me, at least get it right...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
              I don't know what Netflix would do, but pretty sure the EU will sue the UK in court and win. Most likely the UK credit rating will be further downgraded, which will make the access to the magic money tree Government borrowing more expensive and by the rate of Boris spending pledges it will be sorely needed.
              I'm not arguing with you, but it shows the stupidity of comparing leaving the EU to cancelling a Netflix subscription, which was the point I was actually making.

Comment

It's kind of like if you owe the bank £1000 it's your problem. If you owe them £100M, it's theirs. In the scheme of things £39B is probably in the "it's the UK's problem" area.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

"Shifty git". If you're going to quote me, at least get it right...
                  I did get it right.

Comment

I'm not arguing with you, but it shows the stupidity of comparing leaving the EU to cancelling a Netflix subscription, which was the point I was actually making.
                    Still explains the matter better than some lies/half trues written in a red bus!
                    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      I did get it right.
                      I hate to be picky, but you missed out the "git" bit. Don't worry, it's too trivial a detail to argue, so I'll let it go this time...

Comment

Working...
                      X