• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Let 'em have their no deal"

Collapse

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Do you understand the difference between a prediction that does not materialise and a false statement about a current state of affairs?
    No, but then I've never sat in a project meeting with you...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Compared to the lies in a £9m leaflet? The "Emergency Budget" in the days after a Leave vote? Ringing any bells?
    Emergency budget is being prepped right now - for exactly that purpose: after leaving is in effect

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Compared to the lies in a £9m leaflet? The "Emergency Budget" in the days after a Leave vote? Ringing any bells?
    Do you understand the difference between a prediction that does not materialise and a false statement about a current state of affairs?

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
    Sorry... I probably skipped or didn't understand the clause in the forum conditions stating that English must be your first language to post on this forum

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    They will write slower and in some strange accent for us non native speakers so we will understand them

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    And something just went half a mile over your head...if English isn't your first language (and it doesn't seem like it is) please let us know, we might go easier on you. I'm talking about promises and threats made during the 2016 campaign. The Remain side lied spectacularly (or exaggerated spectacularly, depending on your view) during the campaign, and that seems to be consistently ignored.
    Sorry... I probably skipped or didn't understand the clause in the forum conditions stating that English must be your first language to post on this forum

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Leave a comment:

• Zigenare
    replied
    Too much to hope for that you would work it out. Both "shifty git" and "shifty" are correct quotations.

The abuse is therefore warranted.

HTH
    Abuse warranted? Ok, you're a white knighting, plastic paddy, remainer ****!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I can't be arsed to find my original quote, but I know I called him a shifty git. If you know any more, please enlighten me. Or you could just resort to abuse, but I hope you're better than that.
    Too much to hope for that you would work it out. Both "shifty git" and "shifty" are correct quotations.

The abuse is therefore warranted.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I will risk to say that any lies after a vote have much less impact than the ones before it! But that's just me...
    And something just went half a mile over your head...if English isn't your first language (and it doesn't seem like it is) please let us know, we might go easier on you. I'm talking about promises and threats made during the 2016 campaign. The Remain side lied spectacularly (or exaggerated spectacularly, depending on your view) during the campaign, and that seems to be consistently ignored.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You missed out the rest of the post from your quotation. You quoted a two word extract and I quoted a one word extract. We know you're a cretin but try to work the rest out for yourself.
    I can't be arsed to find my original quote, but I know I called him a shifty git. If you know any more, please enlighten me. Or you could just resort to abuse, but I hope you're better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I hate to be picky, but you missed out the "git" bit. Don't worry, it's too trivial a detail to argue, so I'll let it go this time...
    You missed out the rest of the post from your quotation. You quoted a two word extract and I quoted a one word extract. We know you're a cretin but try to work the rest out for yourself.

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    I will risk to say that any lies after a vote have much less impact than the ones before it! But that's just me...

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Still explains the matter better than some lies/half trues written in a red bus!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I did get it right.
    I hate to be picky, but you missed out the "git" bit. Don't worry, it's too trivial a detail to argue, so I'll let it go this time...

Leave a comment:

• CryingSheep
    replied
    I'm not arguing with you, but it shows the stupidity of comparing leaving the EU to cancelling a Netflix subscription, which was the point I was actually making.
    Still explains the matter better than some lies/half trues written in a red bus!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    "Shifty git". If you're going to quote me, at least get it right...
    I did get it right.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X