• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£2.1 billion extra for no deal preparation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£2.1 billion extra for no deal preparation

That's on top of the £4.2 billion that was already reserved for it.

Brexit: GBP2.1bn extra for no-deal planning - BBC News

That is another 18 weeks the NHS won't get £350M per week extra

Brexit dividend just keeps coming in

Small change for regaining sovereignty.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      That's on top of the £4.2 billion that was already reserved for it.

Brexit: GBP2.1bn extra for no-deal planning - BBC News

That is another 18 weeks the NHS won't get £350M per week extra

Brexit dividend just keeps coming in
      Shame you couldn't fit that on the side of a bus. You should consider writing it on a cross-channel ferry...preferably while it's on the way to somewhere...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Shame you couldn't fit that on the side of a bus. You should consider writing it on a cross-channel ferry...preferably while it's on the way to somewhere...
        You guys just can't see how wrong Brexit is, can you? It really is your religion, and you're obsessed and fanatical. It is so funny to watch you ... your 'sky fairy' is the magical Unicorn

And another thing ..... How Do You Distinguish between Religious Fervor and Mental Illness? - Scientific American Blog Network
        Last edited by Whorty; 1 August 2019, 21:12.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You guys just can't see how wrong Brexit is, can you? It really is your religion, and you're obsessed and fanatical. It is so funny to watch you ... your 'sky fairy' is the magical Unicorn

And another thing ..... How Do You Distinguish between Religious Fervor and Mental Illness? - Scientific American Blog Network
          Explain why in your opinion that the UK leaving the EU is wrong. See if you can complete the task without resorting to insults.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Explain why in your opinion that the UK leaving the EU is wrong. See if you can complete the task without resorting to insults.
            Fat chance of that...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Spin that round for a moment. Do you want to bet that your future is far better off in the hands of those you will never get the chance to elect? Call me "fanatical" if you like, but I have no wish to see the UK absorbed into a European state. We won't get to vote on it when it happens, so the Brexit vote is our once and only chance.

Comment

I have no wish to see the UK absorbed into a European state. We won't get to vote on it when it happens, so the Brexit vote is our once and only chance.
                If that's your defeatist attitude, then there's no point in trying to discuss the Maastricht treaty with you, as it appears you don't believe it exists.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  If that's your defeatist attitude, then there's no point in trying to discuss the Maastricht treaty with you, as it appears you don't believe it exists.
                  You're having a laugh, I assume? Which bit of that treaty doesn't point towards a single European state?

Comment

You're having a laugh, I assume? Which bit of that treaty doesn't point towards a single European state?
                    Not a single bit
                    https://europa.eu/european-union/sit...n_union_en.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X