• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Boris Johnson says UK could stay in EU customs union and single market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    I have the impression that Boris is going for another "sort of A50 extension" but without official membership of the EU, so that he can say that the UK has "officially left".

...and there the UK will stay, for years and years.
    Exactly!
    "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

I have the impression that Boris is going for another "sort of A50 extension" but without official membership of the EU, so that he can say that the UK has "officially left".

Well, isn't that what he was saying when he talked about Gatt 24.
      ...except that wouldn't apply.

Is his current idea that we leave with a hard Brexit on 31/10, then when we have no deal and no agreements at all in place, we go back to the EU to start negotiating deals, or perhaps ignore the EU and never deal with them again?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier......
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Is his current idea that we leave with a hard Brexit on 31/10, then when we have no deal and no agreements at all in place, we go back to the EU to start negotiating deals, or perhaps ignore the EU and never deal with them again?
          I think he would like the UK to sort of stay in the EU and for the problem to disappear but he has to make a big he man anti-EU show until he gets there.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave earlier......
            indeed, we're getting there

hmm why didn't the government spend billions mitigating against the negative effects of joining the Common Market.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

hmm why didn't the government spend billions mitigating against the negative effects of joining the Common Market.
              Classic disaster capitalism. Convince the proles that something is a problem, tear it apart, 'fix' it while asset stripping the country and giving your pals government contracts and have 17M useful idiots defend your every move
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I think we just dumped New Zealand?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Article 5(b) or 5(c)?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                  X