• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Golden Age

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Age

"Boris Johnson has promised the "beginning of a new golden age", as he made his first Commons statement as PM.

Speaking to MPs, Mr Johnson said his government would throw itself into Brexit negotiations with energy, while Michael Gove would lead on no-deal planning as a "top priority".

He also said EU citizens living in the UK would have their rights protected.

But Downing Street was unable to confirm if there would be any new laws to underpin the commitment."

Boris Johnson: Premiership will be the start of a golden age - BBC News

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Boris Johnson has promised the "beginning of a new pyrite age", as he made his first Commons statement as PM.

Speaking to MPs, Mr Johnson said his government would throw itself into Brexit negotiations with energy, while Michael Gove would lead on no-deal planning as a "top priority".

He also said EU citizens living in the UK would have their rights protected.

But Downing Street was unable to confirm if there would be any new laws to underpin the commitment."

Boris Johnson: Premiership will be the start of a golden age - BBC News

FTFY

Comment

Golden Age on one side of the Atlantic, Golden Shower on the other.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Didn't really think that one through did he? 'Golden Age' is otherwise known as:

Palingenetic ultranationalism is a theory concerning generic fascism formulated by British political theorist Roger Griffin. The key element of this theory is the belief that fascism can be defined by its core myth, namely that of revolution in order to achieve a "national rebirth" — palingenesis.

The palingenetic myth can also possibly stand for a return to a golden age in the country’s history, so that the past can be a guidebook to a better tomorrow, with an associated regime that superficially resembles a reactionary one. Fascism distinguishes itself by being the only ideology that focuses strongly on the revolution in its myth.

Fascism uses the "palingenetic myth" to attract large masses of voters who have lost their faith in traditional politics and religion, by promising them a brighter future under fascist rule.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Its bloody great. At last a leader with some gusto about him.

It's going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post

It's going to be great.
            can i have some of what you've been snorting? please?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              can i have some of what you've been snorting? please?
              It’s called the smell of freedom and success. You won’t know that smell.

Comment

It’s called the smell of freedom and success. You won’t know that smell.
                aye, - right.

Comment

It's going to be great.
                  Yep, it is great. Brexit was fast becoming an old news story, as it slowly failed and looked to be consigned to the rubbish bin of history. Bojo though, to go with the times, is being environmentally friendly and is free-cycling it out of the bin and letting the Tory MP hobos have it.

This forum was beginning to lose it's appeal, but I'm getting excited again about where this could take us over the next 12 months

Come on oPM, you fat fooker, stop hogging the
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It's a glass of wine not popcorn.

But you know London did well when he was mayor in general....

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see

[emoji2957]

Comment

Working...
                    X